Soy is a bean product, it has been grown in China for many centuries, but in European countries it gained popularity only in the 19th century.
Soy sprouts are used in the preparation of various dishes and salads, depending on the origin of the beans, the taste qualities may differ. In the processed form, they are similar in taste with asparagus, slightly sweetish, without a pronounced aroma and taste, and in fresh - have a bitter note.
In appearance, sprouts resemble wheat germ and look like small beans with long white shoots.
The composition of the product
Soy is incredibly popular in the USA, Europe and around the world due to its rich unique composition.
Soybean itself is rich in vitamins, but when sprouting beans, the concentration of some increases. Thus, in the germinated grain, vitamin C, which is absent before, appears, the content of B vitamins and vitamin E increases almost 2 times, and vitamin K is also present.
In addition to vitamins, soybean sprouts include in their composition an optimal set of minerals, sugars and fiber: magnesium, sodium, potassium, manganese, zinc, iron, selenium, phosphorus.
In terms of its composition, soybean is predominantly a protein product: proteins in 100 grams of the product contain an average of 13.1 g, fats - 6.7 g, carbohydrates - 9.6 g.
In this case, the composition includes fatty acids, especially polyunsaturated (linoleic acid), which are not produced by the human body and come only from external sources.
The benefits of soybean germ
The ratio of vitamins and minerals in soybean sprouts makes the product very useful for many body systems:
- Primarily due to antioxidants, vitamin C and selenium, soy helps strengthen the body's resistance to infections and viruses, strengthens the immune system.
Harm of germinated grains
Of course, like any product, soy sprouts have contraindications that need to be remembered:
- Germinated soy is absolutely not recommended for children under 12 years old - this is due to the fact that the phytoestrogen contained in it can adversely affect puberty, disrupting the natural hormonal balance.
- People suffering from diseases of the thyroid gland should also abandon this product before consulting a doctor, because soy helps to reduce iodine content and without following additional preventive measures may result in impaired organ functions.
- In diseases of the pancreas and gastric ulcers, urolithiasis from soybean germs should refrain.
- With great care and only after consulting with the gynecologist, you can use soy pregnant - with the slightest hint of hormonal problems, the product should be immediately canceled.
- During lactation, soybean sprouts should be treated with caution. If you have not eaten them before, you should not start, and if your body is already familiar with the product, you can try a small amount of sprouts first and follow the condition of the child. In the absence of allergies and gases in the baby, the portion can be slightly increased, but not exceed the daily rate.
How to choose and whether to store sprouts
When buying ready, already sprouted soybean seeds, you need to carefully select the product:
- First of all, pay attention to the appearance and smell - sprouts must be fresh in appearance, without foreign smells, without impurities of dirt, completely clean and juicy.
- The length of the stalk should not exceed 1 cm, otherwise there is a risk of running into an “old” product that does not carry significant benefits.
- The finished product in the store should be in the refrigerator compartment. After purchase, grain can also be stored only in the refrigerator.
To germinate soy pleased you with fresh sprouts and was safe to eat, you need to carefully select the raw materials. It is known that soybeans are treated with various substances that may be hazardous to health.
First of all, it concerns seeds that are not intended for culinary purposes, but for planting - in this case they can be pre-treated with growth stimulants and antibiotics. For this reason, you need to buy soy only in specialized stores or pharmacies, where it passes the appropriate control.
Grains need to be sorted, discarding damaged, and then pour cold water to determine their suitability. If the grains float, you can safely throw them away - they will not germinate.
In order for the seeds to sprout well, you need to adhere to the basic rules:
- Grains should be well washed (you can wash them in a weak solution of potassium permanganate, and then rinse several times in cold water).
- Sprouts actively develop in the dark.
- The seed should germinate in conditions of high humidity and good aeration, the water should not stagnate in the container.
For sprouting craftsmen offer to use a variety of improvised means. It is most convenient to do this in a flower pot: it has drainage holes through which excess water is drained, and it is conveniently located on the kitchen table.
To do this, prepared seeds are poured into a pot, poured with cold water and covered with a thick dark cloth. Subsequently, the grain must be watered every 2-3 hours, and on the third day you will be able to get an excellent crop of seedlings. Some use a rather unusual way: sprout soybeans in juice boxes. To do this, pour the prepared seeds into the washed box, pour water in and cut the tank in several places in the corners to provide drainage.
In this case, it is often not necessary to water the grains; it is enough to pour cold water twice a day and allow it to flow. In both cases, the germination of most seeds occurs on day 3. The finished product before eating should be washed in cold water. If within 48 hours the seeds do not sprout, they can not be eaten.
How to cook a sprouted soybeans: cooking salad
Since soybeans germinate under conditions of constant humidity and heat, in addition to sprouts, pathogenic bacteria can begin to develop in it, therefore, raw seedlings cannot be eaten.
To avoid possible poisoning, the product undergoes blanching in boiling water for no more than 30–60 seconds in order to preserve the maximum of useful substances. Soy sprouts are used in various dishes (side dishes, sandwiches, salads) both fresh and fried. Of course, the product that has undergone minimal heat treatment is most useful, so let's take a look at the recipe for a simple and nutritious salad, indispensable for the season of viruses and colds.
Step-by-step list of actions
- We rinse the soya sprouts with cold water and place them in prepared deep dishes.
- Fill sprouts with boiling water and leave for 10 minutes, then drain the water.
- We sprinkle the sprouts with soy sauce to taste, evenly distributing.
- Add balsamic or regular table vinegar.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and mix the sprouts with marinade.
So, we have learned that it is such a simple, at first glance, product, as sprouts of soybean, we got acquainted with its composition and useful properties and contraindications. The above allows us to conclude that germinated soy is really a storehouse of vitamins and protein, and therefore, if used properly and following the measures, will bring undoubted benefits to the body.
Soybean sprouts: what is it
Soybean seedlings are produced by sprouting dry seeds in a wet environment. To do this, they are either poured with water or placed under gauze folded several times under plenty of water. In such conditions, the beans first swell, and then germination begins in them. We can say that the beans, being in conditions close to spring, are preparing to grow and make their way up from the ground. This process is accompanied by the splitting and transformation of complex compounds of proteins, carbohydrates and fats into simpler forms, easily absorbed by the formed plant.Soybean sprouts benefit and harm
In appearance, this product resembles the seedlings of many other cereals and cereals. Sprouts are formed in the form of straight or curling white pods with no characteristic odor. They are very juicy and crunch when chewing. The composition of the very few flavoring components, so the sprouts have a traditional grassy taste. Calorie content does not exceed 40 kcal per 100 grams.
The chemical composition of the product is represented by a variety of vitamins, amino acids and fatty acids. Basic nutrients are presented in the following approximate proportions:
- fats - 20 g,
- proteins - 36 g,
- carbohydrates - 30 g,
- vitamin A - 1 mcg,
- Vitamin B6 - 0.4 mg,
- Vitamin B9 - 375 mcg,
- Vitamin C - 6 mg,
- Calcium - 277 mg,
- magnesium - 280 mg,
- zinc - 5 mg,
- iron - 15.7 mg,
- phosphorus - 705 mg,
- potassium - 1800 mg,
- Sodium - 2 mg.
Germinated soy benefits and harm
The beneficial properties of soybean sprouts are formed enriched with vitamin-mineral composition. Due to the fact that many substances during germination are converted into simpler compounds, the body spends less effort on their processing. As a result, the body gets very useful substances that are quickly absorbed. Because of this, the most obvious recommendation for sprouting is seasonal avitaminosis.
The beneficial effect of soybean sprouts:
- Due to the high fiber content, digestion is improved, mechanical cleansing of the cavities of the digestive organs from ballast is carried out, and carcinogens and toxins are absorbed.
- The presence of lecithin in the composition contributes to the prevention of gallstones and plaques on the walls of blood vessels.
- The presence of choline (vitamin B4) in the composition stimulates the restoration of brain cells and nervous tissue.
- It is believed that the regular use of soybean sprouts for food helps to strengthen memory, improve cognitive abilities.
- Low calorie soybean sprouts can effectively use them for weight loss. The diet is not overloaded with excess calories, but remains rich in minerals, vitamins and biological active ingredients.
- A diverse composition contributes to the establishment of metabolism, improve the nutrition of internal organs and systems of substances that they need.
- Due to the beneficial effects on the nervous system, sleep and memory are improved, irritability, confusion and fatigue disappear.
The only exact contraindication to the use of sprouts is the intolerance of soy and its derivatives. Therefore, a natural product is recommended to add to the diet of children, schoolchildren, the elderly, pregnant and lactating women. Last, in any case, you must first obtain approval for the use of seedlings from your supervising doctor.
How to cook sprouted soybean at home
First of all, for self-germination of soybeans, it is necessary to select high-quality raw materials, discarding damaged and broken seeds. And they are sprouted in the following order:
- The beans are evenly spread in a couple of centimeters and scatter on the flat bottom of a plastic tray, bowl or jar.
- Soybean is filled with water at room temperature, which should be 2-3 times more in volume.
- The vessel with seeds is retracted into a warm room without direct sunlight penetration. The optimum air temperature in the germination room is + 22˚C.
- After 12 hours, the water is drained, and the beans are rinsed thoroughly with cool water.
- Soy is dried using a folded paper napkin.
- The beans are evenly distributed on a damp cloth and, if necessary, further moistened from above.
- Moisturized themselves cleaned in a warm room, but without direct sunlight.
- In the next 12 hours, the first shoots should appear, and after the period the procedure should be repeated with washing and sprinkling on a wet surface.
If in the process of germination appear inactive grains that change color, they should be discarded. Rinsing and germination cycles alternate until the shoots reach the length that suits the host. As a rule, this process is carried out no longer than 5 days. On average, during this time, sprouts gain a length of up to 5 cm. It is believed that in such greens the concentration of nutrients is highest.
Soybean sprouts: cooking recipes
Another important rule prohibits the use of seedlings in raw form. Before cooking sprouted soybeans and eating it, you must blanch it in boiling water for a couple of minutes. Traditional use is the addition of soy sprouts in Asian salads and noodles. Before serving, cotyledons are always removed. Chinese, Korean and Japanese cooking also allow grilling and use in sauces.
Sprouted Soybean Salad: Recipe with Eel and Chukka
This recipe requires unagi fried eel, which is expensive. However, the final dish is not inferior to restaurant options not in taste, nor in the beauty of the serving, nor even in price. For cooking will need:
- Chukka salad - 80 g,
- eel - 100 g,
- soy sprouts - 60 g,
- fresh cucumber - 50 g,
- carrots - 50 g,
- sweet pepper - 100 g,
- lettuce leaves - 80 g,
- ginger root - 5 g,
- lime - 1 pc.,
- chili pepper - 1 pc.,
- hondashi broth - 2 ml,
- sesame oil - 20 ml,
- soy sauce - 10 ml,
- sugar - 5 g,
- sunflower oil - 40 ml,
- sesame seed roast - 3g.
- Mix sunflower and sesame oil, soy sauce, hondashi, sugar, sesame.
- Add смесь lime juice and half a zest to the mixture. Add ginger, cut into small strips, and two thin slices of chili.
- Chop cucumber, peppers and carrots into thin strips. Mix them with lettuce leaves, add chukka and sprouts, pour dressing.
- Cut the eel into pieces and put on the salad.
Vegetarian salad of soy sprouts with peanuts and sea kale
- cucumber - 1 medium,
- carrots - 1 average,
- lemon - ½ pcs.,
- sea kale - 200-220 g,
- raw peanuts - 60 g,
- green salad leaves - 50 g,
- nut oil - 30 ml,
- soybean sprouts - 50 g,
- salt, ground black pepper.
- Cut the peeled cucumber and carrot into strips.
- Rinse the lettuce leaves, dry with a kitchen napkin and cut either in small pieces or strips.
- Mix peanut butter with squeezed lemon juice.
- Fry the peanuts in a pan without butter.
- Combine all prepared foods and soy sprouts.
- Add salad with lemon-nut dressing, pepper and salt.
Sprouted soybean salad in Korean: a recipe
The most popular version of the preparation and use of this product - soybean sprouts in Korean. The recipe is extremely simple, and the dish is easily stored for several days (although it is better to act faster). For cooking you need:
- 0.5 kg sprouts4
- 1 medium onion,
- ½ head garlic,
- ginger root (cut 1.5-2 cm)
- 3 spoons of soy sauce,
- 2 spoons of sunflower oil,
- 1-2 tablespoons of sesame seeds (raw)
- a spoonful of balsamic vinegar,
- cilantro or parsley,
- ground black and red pepper, salt.
- Boil the sprouts in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain water and rinse product in cold water.
- Heat the oil in the skirt, fry the sesame to blush (but do not let it burn, otherwise the salad will be bitter).
- Onions, sliced into half rings, fry in the same place until light transparency.
- Mix soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, chopped garlic, black pepper to obtain a dressing. For more spicy dishes, you can add red pepper to taste.
- Rinse the herbs, shake off the water, chop. Finely chop or grate the peeled ginger root. Add it and greens to the dressing.
- Mix the sprouts and fried onions, fill the prepared mixture, carefully mix and check for salt.
- Leave the salad for a good aromatic mix for a couple of hours.
The composition and caloric content of soybean seedlings
When germinating, the composition of soybeans undergoes tangible positive changes: starch turns into malt sugar, fats - into fatty acids, the concentration of vitamins increases, and most importantly, the product becomes easily digestible.
Soybean sprouts is a low-calorie product, which means that even those who seek to lose weight can easily afford culinary experiments with it.
The calorie content of soybean seedlings is 43.2 kcal per 100 grams, of which:
- Proteins - 4.3 g,
- Fat - 2.1 g,
- Carbohydrates - 2 g,
- Water - 69.05 g,
- Dietary fiber - 1.1 g,
- Ash - 1.59 g.
Кроме того, проростки бобов сои — это настоящий кладезь витаминов, минералов, аминокислот, жирных кислот и других необходимых ежедневно нашему организму биологически активных веществ.
Макроэлементы на 100 г:
- Калий — 484 мг,
- Calcium - 67 mg,
- Magnesium - 72 mg,
- Sodium - 14 mg,
- Phosphorus - 164 mg.
Trace elements per 100 g:
- Iron - 2.1 mg,
- Manganese - 0.702 mg,
- Copper - 427 mcg,
- Selenium - 0.6 mcg
- Zinc - 1.17 mg.
Vitamins per 100 g:
- Vitamin A, RE - 1 mcg,
- Vitamin B1 - 0.34 mg,
- Vitamin B2 - 0.118 mg,
- Vitamin B5 - 0.929 mg,
- Vitamin B6 - 0.176 mg,
- Vitamin B9 - 172 mcg,
- Vitamin C - 15.3 mg,
- Vitamin PP, NE - 1.148 mg.
Essential Amino Acids:
- Arginine - 0.905 g,
- Valine - 0.62 g,
- Histidine - 0.348 g,
- Isoleucine - 0.58 g,
- Leucine - 0.938 g,
- Lysine - 0.752 g,
- Methionine - 0.138 g,
- Threonine - 0,503 g,
- Tryptophan - 0.159 g,
- Phenylalanine - 0.641 g.
Fatty acids per 100 g:
- Saturated - 0,929 g,
- Monounsaturated - 1,518 g,
- Polyunsaturated - 2,783 g
Also included in the seedlings of soybean is a component such as isoflavone, which makes a huge contribution to women's health and has anti-cancer effect.
Useful properties of soybean sprouts
As we said above, the product is rich in protein, which is especially important for vegans and those who can not eat meat for health reasons. In addition, soybean demonstrates a truly unique composition - almost all the necessary vitamins and minerals are concentrated in the product.
Let's consider the benefits of seedlings soybeans in themselves due to its balanced composition:
- Immunity strengthening. Due to the high content of vitamin C in the composition, and, in general, a rich vitamin-mineral complex, soybean seedlings strengthen immunity well, and therefore they are especially important to include in the diet during the epidemics of influenza and colds.
Normalization of the nervous system. The composition of soybean seedlings is magnesium, which is important for the normalization of the nervous system. Especially beneficial mineral affects the quality of sleep, helping to get rid of insomnia and, in general, make sleep more deep and calm. Magnesium also nourishes the brain cells, stimulating its activity and strengthening the memory.
Colon cleansing and metabolism acceleration. The fiber contained in seedlings is necessary for our body to timely cleanse the intestines and prevent digestive disorders. In addition, it accelerates the metabolism and is a good prevention of constipation. Due to the balanced composition of the product well and for a long time satiates, reduces cravings for overeating and frequent snacks, which is especially important for those who are trying to lose weight.
Improving women's health. An important role is played by soybean seedlings for women's health. They are especially useful for women who entered the period of menopause. The product affects hormones and helps reduce the manifestations of unpleasant symptoms, including sweating, hot flashes, mood swings. There are statistics according to which Japanese women are much less likely than women of other nationalities to complain about the manifestations of menopause, and it is in Japan that they eat soy more often than in the rest of the world.
Prevention of diseases of the cardiovascular system. The product is a source of healthy unsaturated fats, which help to reduce the level of bad cholesterol, which in turn is an excellent prevention of thrombosis, atherosclerosis and, as a result, acute heart failure.
Reducing the likelihood of developing tumor processes. In soybean seedlings contain many elements that have anti-cancer effect, such as isoflavones, lectin, lunazin. In addition, the product contains antioxidants. All of these components in the complex provide good prevention of the development of tumor processes.
Increase stamina. Due to the high content in the composition of the protein seedlings - a good way to quickly replenish energy and relieve fatigue. Protein, we recall, also stimulates muscle growth, which is especially appreciated by athletes.
Anemia prevention. Soy seedlings are an excellent source of iron, and therefore its use is recommended for anemia and susceptibility to anemia. It is also worth noting that in the product there are two fatty acids - linoleic and linolenic, which help regulate blood pressure, which reduces the risk of circulatory diseases.
Beneficial effect on the fetus. A rich complex of vitamins and minerals, especially folic acid, makes soybean sprouts a good product in the diet of future mothers. They help the overall beneficial development of the child, in particular the formation of the nervous system.
Prevention and treatment of osteoporosis. Doctors recommend including soy in the diet with a predisposition to the fragility of bones, because it contains many important macro-and micronutrients to strengthen them.
Summarizing, we can say the following: soybean seedlings are a very useful product, it not only strengthens the immune system and is considered a good prophylactic for the development of certain diseases, but also actively helps in the treatment of many ailments.
Contraindications and harm to soybean seedlings
However, despite all the beneficial properties, it is a product, the amount of consumption of which must be carefully controlled. Between the benefits and harm of soy sprouts is a very thin line, their many positive qualities change to negative when over consumed. Suffice it to say that if, with moderate consumption of sprouts, the likelihood of developing cancer decreases, then with excessive it, on the contrary, increases.
However, here it is necessary to look for the guilt not so much in the soybean seedlings, but in the fact that today to make products cheaper, careless producers, as they say, shove soy everywhere, and often it comes to soybeans of poor quality and / or genetically modified. In addition, soy products for vegetarians — milk, cheese, etc. — are enough on the shelves. Thus, if you start eating sprouts, but at the same time do not cease to limit yourself in other products containing soy, you are likely to exceed the allowable rate and are unlikely to get a healing effect.
Features of consumption of soybean sprouts:
It is especially important not to exceed the recommended limits:
- Children up to 12 yearsbecause soy has an effect on the hormonal background, and the phytoestrogen contained in it is capable of disrupting the formation of the natural hormonal balance,
For men, as excessive consumption of seedlings can cause a decrease in libido and adversely affect reproductive abilities,
Susceptible to diarrhea, an excessive amount of fiber in this case can provoke loose stools,
There is a group of persons to whom soybean seedlings are not recommended for use in principle:
- Migraine sufferers - with a predisposition to severe soybean headaches in the diet is best avoided, since a large amount of isoflavones may increase the manifestations of the disease,
People with hormonal diseases - we recall that soy affects the hormonal background, and therefore, in cases of thyroid gland diseases and other hormonal imbalances, it is better to discard the product,
It is also worth saying that with caution you need to introduce soy into the diet of allergies.
How to sprout soy?
We would not recommend buying ready-made soy sprouts - this product requires proper storage and has a short shelf life, and when purchasing store goods, you can never be sure that important conditions are met.
However, sprouting soybean at home is not at all difficult:
- Sort and rinse the beans.
Take a plastic container with a wide bottom and put the soy in one row, so the seeds will germinate evenly.
Fill the beans with water at room temperature and close the container tightly - the seeds must breathe.
After 12 hours, drain the water, rinse the soybeans, lightly dry, lay on a wet gauze, folded in several layers, and leave for another 12 hours. The temperature in the room should be about 22 degrees, and direct sunlight should not fall on the seeds - if necessary, they can be covered from above with a second slightly moistened gauze.
Store the seedlings need in the refrigerator, preferably in a tightly closed container.
Soy sprouts are considered to be a very useful product that is well and quickly absorbed by the body. The thing is that during the germination period, instead of starch, malt sugar is formed here, and fat along with fatty acids. Also in the product is a sufficiently large amount of vitamins. Doctors recommend eating dishes from germinated soy. Recipes often include many other vegetables besides her. In this case, eating only one salad, a person gets the whole set of necessary substances for normal life.
Also this product cleans the intestines of toxins and carcinogens. Soybean sprouts contain lecithin, due to which plaques are not formed in the vessels, and stones in the gall bladder. In general, soybean sprouts are extremely important for the human body, therefore, from time to time they are necessarily recommended for use in cooking.
Salad, cooked according to this recipe from germinated soy, is very light and dietary. A great option for people who are watching their weight and want to eat something light and unusual. To prepare you should take:
- soy sprouts - 150 g,
- one bell pepper,
- a small amount of olives, about 10 pcs.,
- green onions.
To make the salad tasty, you must use olive oil, Italian herbs and a small amount of lemon juice.
How to cook?
Sprouted soybean prescription must first be washed in ice water and put on paper towels, napkins or a colander. In the meantime, you can make a salad dressing, for this you need to take a small container in which you mix 50 ml of olive oil, Italian herbs and a small amount of lemon juice, mix everything thoroughly.
Cut olives into thin slices, Bulgarian pepper into strips, and chop the green onions in small pieces. All ingredients should be placed in one deep bowl and poured abundantly with cooked sauce. Stir products and lay them on a plate.
It uses the minimum amount of products, if desired, you can add lettuce leaves, some cucumbers and tomatoes. In general, it is permissible to add any vegetables, they will only improve the taste of this salad.
Sprouting Soybean Salad: Korean Recipe
The peculiarity of this cuisine is spiciness, so the salad is suitable only for those people who love spicy and well seasoned food. To cook this dish, you will need to prepare the following products:
- sprouted soybeans - 400 g,
- one medium bulb,
- a few cloves of garlic,
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc.,
- ham - 200 g,
- some cucumbers.
It uses very tasty salad dressing, which consists of olive or vegetable oil, soy sauce, cayenne pepper, paprika and marjoram.
To cook the dish does not seem complicated, it is recommended to follow step-by-step instructions exactly:
- In this recipe, sprouted soybeans are boiled a little. To do this, you need to take a small stewpan, add water to it and add some salt. When the liquid boils, put this product and cook it for 2 minutes, no more. Sprouts should remain crispy.
In this case, Beijing cabbage will also work well, it will ideally be combined with the rest of the lettuce products.
Sprouting Soybean Salad: Recipe
If the last two recipes can be called dietetic for a light snack, then in this case the dish will be more nutritious, since chicken fillet will be used here. To prepare you will need to take:
- 200 g sprouted soybeans,
- 400 g chicken fillet,
- red (salad) onions,
- 200 g of tomatoes, cucumbers and bell peppers,
- Chinese cabbage.
As a salad dressing, you can use regular mayonnaise with the addition of garlic, or make something like past sauces based on olive or vegetable oil.
The first step is to take a small saucepan, where to put the meat and boil it until cooked. To the product was fragrant, it is recommended to add bay leaf, pepper and other spices that are in stock.
When the meat is ready, you need to get it and set aside, let it cool. Meanwhile, rinse and chop all the vegetables. The recipe does not indicate the form of cutting vegetables, so you can cut them as you like. Since the sprouts are in the form of straws, then all other products can be cut into the same pieces.
To prepare the salad dressing, you can take olive oil (100 ml) and 50 ml of balsamic vinegar, add some Provencal herbs or rosemary with thyme, mix everything. Also for the preparation of this salad, you can use any of the salad dressings that have been indicated in previous recipes.
All vegetables with chicken put in a bowl, pour the sauce, add a little lemon juice and mix well. Put on plates, and put a handful of soybean sprouts on top (if desired, you can weld them just a little) and once again pour it over with a small amount of salad dressing. At this, the process of cooking salad with sprouted soy according to the recipe (you can see the photo of the finished dish above) is completed.
Soy sprouts are a fairly neutral product, so if necessary, they can be added to a variety of salads that you cooked earlier. For example, take an ordinary spring salad with radishes, onions, eggs, sour cream and add a little sprout of soy, in this case you get a new and very original dish with the usual taste combinations for an ordinary person, everything is very simple and tasty.
Chemical composition and benefits
Soy contains useful mineral elements: potassium, calcium, iodine, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, iron are many times more than in wheat bread. Effective remedy in the fight against vitamin deficiency. Vitamin C is not enough for exceptional usefulness. Lecithin burns excess fat, restores brain cells, nervous tissue in general, increases the efficiency of intellectual work, keeps the body young for a long time.
Phospholipids cleanse the biliary tract and liver from excess fat. Soy reduces cholesterol, normalizes blood sugar levels, a positive effect on the body of a diabetic, promotes weight loss. Soy contains carotene, it is excellent for vegetarians, it is useful for people who are allergic to animal protein. Isoflavones reduce the percentage of breast cancer.
Percentage in numbers:
- Proteins - 40%. Not inferior to animal proteins, well digested
- Fat - 25%,
- Carbohydrates (soluble sugars - glucose, fructose, sucrose) - 20%,
- Water - 10%,
- Cellulose - 5%.
Soybeans contain more oil than its immediate relatives (3 times as much as peas). Why sprout soybean at home? - curious surprised reader. Of them prepare a lot of dietary dishes: various salads, seasonings for soups, stew with the addition of water, roast. Due to the absence of its own taste and smell, it can replace almost all products: milk, meat, vegetables.
Growing in a glass jar
To get high-quality sprouts, the beans must be taken natural: large and equal in volume. Seeds need to sort, remove damaged. Grain can be placed in glass, plastic, earthenware, as well as in a flower pot.
Prepared material to leave in a cool room (allowed temperature 20-23 gr.) Away from direct sunlight. Of the 100 grams expected yield per pound.
- 1 day. Half a cup of seeds to wash, put in a glass jar. Pour 4 glasses of water. If the water is chlorinated, it should be allowed to stand for 3 hours, boil or filter. Suitable and dining non-carbonated.
- 2 day. Most of the seeds are swollen, their volume has doubled. Water needs to be poured out, seeds taken out on a tray and reconsidered. Those that do not swell, no longer germinate. So that they do not spoil the entire batch, they should simply be thrown away. Put the prepared mass back into the jar, cover with two-layer gauze, fasten on the elastic band. Set the jar on a grate under the slope, for better aeration and to drain the remaining water. Twice after a period of time, without opening the container, rinse the contents of the jar. Set tilted. The first sprouts appear.
- 3 day. A rapid increase will be noticed. Repeat the previous procedure several times and install the container also on a slope.
- 4 day. The volume of seeds increases, shoots sprout. Repeat washing 2-3 times.
- 5 day. When the seedlings reach 4-5 cm, the final rinsing follows, the mold, longer shoots and cotyledons are removed. The seeds are soft, warm up easily in the fingers, the taste is delicate, sweet, juicy, reminiscent of the taste of green peas.
Growing sprouts in soil
Чтобы получить богатый урожай или в декоративных целях, можно прорастить семена в грунте на подоконнике.
Бобы намочить и оставить до утра. Накрыть куском влажной ткани и подержать 2 дня. Купить грунт в садоводческом магазине. When the seeds germinate, they need to be carefully washed and put in a pot. Lightly sprinkle with earth so that they quickly find their way to the sun. Planted beans should be treated as a houseplant: water, feed, monitor the balance of the soil.
Soybean sprouts can be germinated at home and in clay or flower pots with a hole in the bottom. A piece of soft cloth is put in there, beans are pre-soaked in cold water on top, and a rag is placed on top to protect it from light. Water with water 2-3 times, warmer in cold weather.
Bell Pepper Sprouts Salad Recipe
Fresh washed sprouts to throw in boiling water and then remove to a colander. Onion cut into half rings, fry in vegetable oil. Peel red bell pepper, cut into large strips, brown separately in a frying pan. Combine vegetables, add coriander, seedlings and then other spices: ground red pepper, garlic, salt to taste. Cooked salad is transferred to the dish, and it will be ready to eat in 10-15 minutes.
In addition to soybeans, wheat, oats, barley, beans, and other cereals are successfully germinated. They are used as dishes of the diet table, in cosmetology for nourishing and rejuvenating the skin, improving the hair structure.
So, to germinate soybean at home is not difficult. Follow the instructions and rules of cultivation.
Germinated soy - recipe:
Sprouting in a glass jar
It's very simple - you rinse the selected seeds, put them in a jar and pour water so that it covers them from above. Cover the neck of the jar with gauze or a fine mesh and fix it with an elastic band, leave the jar overnight. In the morning, drain the remaining water and wash the seeds. After that, the seeds are laid out on a grid to drain and washed several times during the day. At night soaked in a can again. Harvesting in this way lasts from three to seven days. Duration depends on what seeds you decide to germinate. The easiest is with wheat, radish, peas, chickpeas, lentils, waving, beans - they are ready for use immediately after their sprouts begin to unfold from the seeds. But with the seeds of cabbage have a little tricky, as they become suitable for food only when there is a green part and the first leaves.
It turns out that buckwheat sprouts are very often used as an ingredient for salads. Although I have never tried buckwheat sprouts. Put the seeds in a jar for the night, as described in the first embodiment. Then rinse the seeds and put them in a bowl or glass jar and cover with a towel. Leave in this position for several days. Buckwheat sprouts are ready to eat immediately after they have sprouted. Buckwheat produces gelatinous substance, which must be well washed off, so that mold does not appear.