- There is so much vitamin C in the berries that it is inferior only to dogrose, while gooseberries, strawberries, apples, cherries, strawberries and all citrus fruits will give a head start. Yes, and many other berries look very modest compared to currants. In every 100 grams. berries contain 5 - 6 daily allowances for maintaining people's health.
- According to the content of vitamin P, the fruits of currants are also in champions. Judge for yourself: in every 100 grams. Currants almost 10 daily allowances for humans. And this vitamin is useful because it strengthens the walls of blood vessels, helps blood formation, and positively affects the bile function in the liver. In addition, it normalizes blood pressure, and even helps the body absorb vitamin C better!
- In terms of the amount of vitamin E, the plant is inferior to all the same wild rose, and even sea buckthorn with the black carp. There are also vitamins from group B in berries, a lot of carotene.
- In addition, the berry can be safely ranked among the leaders in the content of natural natural mineral substances: it is magnesium, phosphorus, iron, calcium. The high potassium content also distinguishes the berry among many others.
- Add to this the tannins, pectins, in which the berry is also counted among the champions, and deservedly so. There are useful essential oils in currant fruit, organic acids that play a leading role in metabolic processes and digestion, malic, salicylic, tartaric and citric acids.
- Plus, phenols, anthocyanins (this is because of them the color of the berries), which have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial action.
Black currant leaves contain besides vitamin C, phytoncides, magnesium, manganese, silver, copper, lead, sulfur, and essential oil.
The benefits and harms of black currants:
Black currant is an excellent means of preventing problems with the cardiovascular system, Alzheimer's disease and the appearance of malignant tumors. The ability of the black currant to prevent the development of diabetes, eye problems and prevent the weakening of the intellectual abilities in the elderly.
Black currant is useful in diseases of the kidneys, liver and respiratory tract. Especially shown this berry with progressive atherosclerosis.
Vitamin C and anthocyanidins, which are contained in black currants and have strong antioxidant properties, due to which the berry has a disinfectant and anti-inflammatory effect and is used in the treatment of angina, are important for the full body work.
Having a good restorative effect, the juice from the berries of black currant is useful for weakening the body and after surgery.
A decoction of the berries helps with hypertension, anemia, gastritis, gastric and duodenal ulcers, bleeding gums. If you suffer from a strong cough, then take a mixture of black currant juice, honey and sugar. Being a strong antiseptic, black currant will help to cope with a sore throat, if you gargle with juice diluted with water.
It is important that in the process of home billet all the useful properties of black currant retains, as well as during freezing.
Apply black currant and to strengthen the nails, for this purpose, it is rubbed into the skin around the nail and the nail itself. Currant helps to get rid of age spots, freckles and make the skin lighter.
The high content of vitamin K and phenolic compounds in black currants makes this berry contraindicated for thrombophlebitis, and its long-term and unlimited consumption can lead to increased blood clotting.
Black currant is contraindicated in patients with increased acidity of the stomach, gastric and duodenal ulcers, and hyperacid gastritis. Despite the fact that fresh berries and black currant juice are permitted for liver problems, they should not be taken for hepatitis.
Juice from the berries of black currant is not useful after suffering heart attacks and strokes, as well as at the risk of thrombosis.
100% blackcurrant juice can cause an allergic reaction especially in children, although in reasonable doses it helps to increase hemoglobin in the blood.
Some experts believe that during pregnancy, the use of black currant juice for medicinal purposes is better to refuse.
Is black currant good for women?
Black currant is useful for problems with menopause, as it activates the weak peripheral circulation, and also eliminates cholesterol, toxins and slags from the blood.
Black currant is an excellent product for women due to its ability to cure the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, menopause, breast tenderness and painful periods.
What is useful black currant for children?
Is it possible to currant black children? Black currant berries are the strongest allergen, so you should not offer them to a child under one year old. It is good to give black currants to children in the form of juice. But not in pure form, but previously diluted with boiled water in a ratio of 1: 1. Taking currant juice increases hemoglobin, so it is useful for those children who suffer from anemia. And, in addition, will increase immunity, help the body to quickly cope with a cold. It is advisable to offer whole berries to a child when he is able to chew food well. If the baby has a tendency to allergies, then postpone this acquaintance at a later date.
For children, currants are useful in high content of vitamin C. In this property not a single berry can compare with it. Currant contains potassium, iron, folic acid, vitamins of group B, provitamin A. It is recommended to limit currant consumption to children with food allergies, and for children with increased excretion of oxalate salts with urine, doctors advise to completely eliminate this berry from the diet.
What is useful this berry for the elderly?
As a source of vitamin C in the nutrition of the elderly, black currant is very useful, which contains up to 85% water, 0.9% ash, 1% protein, 8% carbohydrates, 3% fiber, 2.3% organic acids (citric, malic , wine-stone, amber, salicylic, phosphoric), 0.5% pectic substances, 0.4% tannins, flavonoids, vitamins K, E, B, B2, PP and carotene. Among the trace elements are potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and iron. The berries of red and white currants significantly exceed the black in the amount of beta-carotene, but contain significantly less vitamin C and flavonoids.
It is known that black currant berries are widely used as a tonic cardiovascular system, they are useful for colds, some infectious diseases, gastritis, stomach ulcers. Water infusion of currant leaf helps to eliminate bladder and oxalic acids from the body, drink a decoction of leaves for skin diseases, diseases of the bladder, kidney stones.
For the purpose of long-term storage, the berries are separated from the stalks and dried in attics, in Russian kilns or dryers at a temperature not higher than 60–65 ° C. The drying process is considered complete if the berries stop sticking together and crumble easily. Currant leaves are dried in the shade after picking berries. Vitamin drinks can be made from dry berries.
For removal from the body of mercury, lead, cobalt, tin, binding and removal of radioactive elements, it is recommended to decorate the dried fruits of black currant. In hypertension and atherosclerosis, hemorrhagic diathesis, anemia and exhaustion, it is also useful to take black currant leaves infusion, and with vomiting, constipation, hemorrhoids, to relieve cough, black currant fruit extract is shown as a diuretic.
Is it possible to eat black currant with diabetes?
Due to its properties, black currant helps to improve the overall immunity of the human body, its healing and strengthening, it is also useful for all sorts of diseases, including diabetes type 1 and 2.
In diabetes, the fruits of currant due to the high content of pectin in them and the predominance of fructose in them is allowed to be eaten in any form: fresh, dry and frozen.
Broths and infusions of leaves, buds and fruits have a tonic, anti-inflammatory, vitamin, diuretic and diaphoretic effect. They also activate the activity of the gastrointestinal tract and improve the metabolism, which is very important in the treatment of various complications of diabetes.
But note that excessive consumption of currants can be harmful. Be sure to consult your doctor!
How to treat colds with black currants?
Due to the content in the black currant vitamin C, tea or an infusion of berries and leaves of black currant helps to quickly cope with the cold and reduce the heat.
To make an infusion, a spoonful of black currant berries is poured with a glass of boiling water, wrapped in a towel and left for about half an hour. You can drink this drink while drinking honey.
Eating a currant with a cold is useful and in its natural form, and in the form of jam, fruit drinks, compotes, etc. Only this should be done before bedtime or immediately after taking a tasty medicine to lie down for forty minutes and rest. If you take this medicine on the go, in between cases, do not expect a positive effect.
A cold drink made from fresh blackcurrant juice and honey can help with a cold cough. Fever, which often accompanies various acute respiratory viral infections, will help remove the infusion of currant berries.
Prepare it from 20 g of berries and a glass of water, boil for 10 minutes, and then insist about an hour. Give the patient an infusion of a tablespoon three times a day.
A currant and rosehip in equal quantities (2 tablespoons per 300 ml of boiling water) will increase the overall tone, relieve weakness and lethargy, overcoming during illness.
However, it should be borne in mind that these drugs, like any other, have limitations in use and contraindications.
What are the benefits of black currant leaves?
What is the use of black currant leaves? The leaves contain more ascorbic acid than the berries themselves, so for medical purposes they are used as an antiseptic, disinfectant and tonic. Known diuretic, cleansing and antirheumatic properties of decoctions of currant leaves.
Currant leaves are used in the treatment of gastritis, gout, cardiovascular diseases, dermatitis, diathesis. Doctors note the beneficial effects of currant leaves on blood vessels and blood formation, it is believed that they relieve anemia and atherosclerosis of blood vessels.
In the period of colds and infectious diseases, one should remember about the phytoncides contained in the leaves - they are indispensable assistants in the treatment of SARS, flu, tonsillitis, whooping cough and bronchitis.
Harm to the body leaves of the plant can cause with individual intolerance or with high acidity. Currant tea is a proven folk remedy, but with long-term use of decoctions, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
What is useful black currant seed oil?
When taken orally, it helps reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood, improves liver function, alleviates the painful manifestations of premenstrual syndrome, improves immunity. Acting at the cellular level, the oil protects the body from cancer, arthritis, premature aging. It also helps to fight viral diseases, hormonal disorders, inflammatory processes in organs and tissues.
External use of the drug helps to cope with many skin diseases, stimulates cell regeneration, normalizes the work of the fat glands, relieves allergic manifestations. Also, the oil restores the water balance of the skin, strengthens the protective barrier, increases its elasticity, promotes cell renewal and rejuvenation.
Before using the oil inside it is best to consult a doctor, as there are a number of contraindications for its use.
Black currant oil helps to moisturize and improve skin elasticity. Application Black currant oil is widely used both in medicine and in cosmetology in the treatment of many diseases. As a rule, these are skin diseases associated with hormonal imbalance, arthritis, and oncology.
What is useful currants for people?
The berry blooms in spring and by the end of summer you can enjoy delicious fruits. In its composition there are such beneficial substances as vitamins and microelements, tannins. They are easily absorbed by the human body.
Usually, during colds, grandmothers and mothers recommend drinking tea with currant jam. This is the right advice, because it contains a large amount of the well-known vitamin C and P. It is an interesting fact that in 46 grams of black currant there is a daily rate of vitamin C.
To reduce the amount of toxins in the body used a decoction of the berries. Folic acid in the black currant allows you to remove these harmful substances.
Also, the berry is used in the fight against pathogens of infectious diseases. They neutralize various kinds of bacteria. Blackcurrant tincture is used in conjunction with antibiotics, which increases their effect tenfold.
The berries of this shrub have the property of reducing inflammation. Because of this, most cosmetics contain enzymes of this plant. What else is useful currant for the body? In the treatment of wounds this berry will also come to the rescue.
Some people have a question: what is the use of currant leaves? So, a decoction of them is used as a diuretic. Due to the presence in the composition of tannins this effect is obtained.
Currants are used in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, to raise the immunity. It is applicable for ulcers and gastritis, kidney diseases.
In the role of antiseptic berry is used in the treatment of colds, flu. For gargling it is recommended to use diluted currant juice.
Scientists say the plant can prevent the formation of tumors. But if you ask what currant is useful for cancer, then this question has not been fully studied yet. But further study of the berries in the future may help to heal from this ailment.
Elderly eating berries will help improve memory and cerebral circulation.
A decoction of black currant and honey will help people suffering from hypertension and heart problems. For its preparation you will need a pound of berries, six large spoons of honey and a portion of water with gas. It is recommended to take a small amount of the drink several times a day.
Black currant: useful properties and contraindications in medicine
This berry can not be consumed in too large quantities for a number of reasons:
- Allergy to black currants. Reaction in the form of a rash or itching, redness is possible for any person. As a rule, often this phenomenon can be observed in children. Therefore, they can not give a lot of berries, but it is better to check the reaction of the body with a small portion. If signs of allergy appear, it is necessary to take antihistamines and promptly contact a specialist.
- Acid in the composition of the berries. Black currant is used in medicine as an anti-inflammatory agent in the treatment of ulcers and gastritis. But its use in large quantities can lead to the opposite effect, namely the erosion of ulcers in the stomach.
Despite all the contraindications, it should be noted that the useful properties of black currant are much more. Just do not need to overdo it with the consumption of berries. You should also remember that each organism has its own characteristics.
How to choose the right berry?
When growing black currant in my garden, it is not necessary to choose it. But on the market you need to be more careful about the choice of berries.
So, the berries must be whole, intact. Choose a currant without a stale smell, as this indicates a spoiled product. As a rule, sellers are allowed to taste the berries. It is recommended to buy currants with a sweet-sour taste.
How to freeze the berries?
Usually, grandmothers from currants prepared jam. Now they can be frozen. For this you need to sort out the fruits. Choose whole berries, clean them from leaves and twigs.
After the currant is washed under running water and dried. Next, the berries are put on a dish and put in the freezer. Once they freeze, you can sort them into bags. In such berries all its useful properties and vitamins are preserved.
Medicinal properties of currant leaves
All parts of this plant can be used. What is useful currant leaves? The answer to this question is simple. They can add tea. Get a great vitamin drink. They have healing properties fortifying nature. In their composition there are essential oils, vitamins and phytoncides.
Here are some useful properties of currant leaves and contraindications:
- the largest amount of vitamin C is contained in them, and not in the berries,
- can be used as an anti-inflammatory agent
- have a diuretic and cleansing character
- have antiseptic, disinfectant and tonic properties,
- благодаря настою из листьев можно вывести излишки мочевой кислоты,
- в народе применяется как слабительное и потогонное средство,
- отвар из листьев черной смородины помогает при борьбе с заболеваниями почек и при отеках,
- постоянное употребление настоя уничтожает патогенные микроорганизмы в ЖКТ,
- листья черной смородины категорически запрещается принимать при тромбофлебите,
- отвары и настои при повышенной кислотности желудка, язвенной болезни также нельзя употреблять.
Interesting facts about currants
Previously, the berry grew around the Moscow River. In honor of this, the latter was called Smorodinovka.
We figured out what is useful currants. But it turns out that green varieties, or rather unripe berries, contain more nutrients than mature ones.
The leaves of currant, which people put so actively in conservation along with cucumbers and other vegetables, not only enrich their taste palette, but also give them their beneficial substances.
What else is useful currants? The plant is the finest honey plant. Honey has preventive and curative properties.
How to use the plant in the people?
The black currant useful properties and contraindications are not equally correlated. That is, the first more than the second. So, at high temperatures it is advised to drink fruit drinks and fruit compotes. For bronchitis, fruit juice with honey is best suited.
Thus, with the help of cold pressing you can get oil from the seeds of black currant. The result should be an oily liquid with a yellowish tinge. As part of this oil there are all sorts of fatty acids, which are so well appreciated by pharmacists and cosmetologists. Thanks to its beneficial substances, black currant oil has anti-aging and anti-cancer properties. It is also used in the treatment of diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
What is useful currants still? It turns out that its juice is used as a hemostatic agent due to vitamin P, which is responsible for lowering blood pressure and vascular elasticity. In addition, this miracle drink will help with ulcers and diseases of the genitourinary system. Vitamin C in the composition of the juice will help make the course of respiratory diseases easier. He is also able to relieve headaches.
From this plant you can make not only jams and preserves, but also healthy drinks. Black currant of useful properties has a considerable amount. So, a decoction of the berries helps to get rid of such ailments as hypertension and bleeding gums. To prepare it, you need about 300 grams of currants and the same amount of water. It is necessary to cook it for about 20 minutes over medium heat.
To get rid of excess uric acid, an infusion of berries is perfect. For its preparation per liter of water will need about 60 grams of currants and viburnum. This remedy can also be used as a laxative.
For the preparation of tinctures from the plant, leaves and buds are needed that have not yet dissolved. Collect them should be approximately in the middle of spring. Then the washed parts of the plant are dried and compacted into a glass vessel, then poured with vodka. Infusion takes about a day.
What are the varieties of currants?
Types of berries quite a large number. Each variety of currant useful properties and contraindications differ.
So, red variety of berries helps to reduce blood pressure. Through the use of the fruit can avoid heart attacks. Morse from the berries quenches thirst and has antiseptic properties. In diabetes mellitus, red currant improves metabolism and gastrointestinal activity.
Black berries have vasodilating properties, anti-inflammatory effect. Fruits should be taken with severe headaches, called migraines, and joint diseases. Black currant helps to cope with insomnia. For several decades, this plant has been used as a means for the normal functioning of the intestines.
Perennial shrub. Juicy fruits are eaten, used for winter harvesting. However, the plant is valued not only for the pleasant taste of berries. Wide and useful properties of black currant. It has tonic, diaphoretic and diuretic effects. Eliminates vitamin deficiency and increases body resistance. Currant is used for chronic and acute diarrhea, rescues from dyspepsia.
What is a black currant? What kind of ailments does she save? And what are the contraindications of black currant doctors distinguish?
Tasty and juicy berry came to the man from the wild nature. It occupied vast territories in Central Europe and was not at all in demand. For the first time they started talking about it in the 11th century, when in the monastery gardens of Novgorod and Pskov they began to grow bushes. But it took a long time before people realized the benefits of black currant. Recognition in Central Europe of the British, Germans and French berry received only in the XVIII century. Europeans were not interested in either the benefits or harm of black currants. They used it for making jelly, liqueur, wine, punch.
Perennial shrubs, on average, reach 1 m. But some plants can be true “giants”, growing to 2 m. Currants are actively cultivated, and in the wild they are very rare. The shrub has the following botanical features.
- Stems. The bush has branched, upright shoots. Young branches differ in a light shade. Adult shoots turn brown.
- Leaves . For currants characteristic jagged large leaves. They can reach a width and length of 3-12 cm. Each sheet consists of three to five triangular blades. Currant leaves have another characteristic feature - golden glands located along the veins.
- Flowers Miniature five-membered flowers, bell-shaped, form drooping brushes. Each inflorescence contains from five to ten pale pink or purple flowers.
- Fruits. Scented delicious berry. On average, the diameter of the fruit is 1 cm. Initially, the berry is green. Then, as it matures, it begins to turn brown. Mature fruits turn black with a glossy skin.
Preparation of raw materials
In folk medicine, medicinal raw materials are the buds of plants, berries and leaves. Procurement of such components does not cause any special difficulties, but it is important to observe some rules. For example, when collecting can not tear off the young leaves - it will destroy the plant. What else to consider, the table will prompt.
Table - Subtleties of preparation and storage of various parts of the currant
Black glossy berry is considered the "queen of vitamins." Therefore, it is recommended for the treatment of beriberi. However, in the medical raw materials contain not only vitamins. The chemical composition of currants is much richer. The main substances are listed in the table.
Table - Useful substances in the composition of currants
Impact on the body
Blackcurrant contains five times more ascorbic acid than lemons. And accordingly, the effect that a small berry has on immunity is five times stronger. Therefore, the currant is recommended to use to improve the protective properties of the fight against respiratory infections. Also, black currant has the following healing properties.
- Normalizes the digestive tract. Berries eliminate putrefactive processes, clean the intestines, help normalize the flora in the digestive tract. They are able to fasten a chair, eliminate diarrhea. Have a choleretic effect.
- Strengthens the heart and blood vessels. Berry normalizes the blood: removes cholesterol and affects the ratio of lipids, increases the hemoglobin content. Magnesium and potassium ensure the normalization of the work of the heart, water-salt metabolism.
- Used in gynecology. The plant is useful for the treatment of many diseases of the reproductive system. It has a hemostatic, anti-inflammatory effect. Currants are in demand for violations of the cycle, ovarian hypofunction as a stimulant.
- Reduces puffiness. Berry has a diuretic effect. Such properties are in demand in the treatment of certain diseases of the urinary system, such as cystitis. Currant helps to reduce puffiness, combined with the strengthening of blood vessels - normalizes pressure.
- Protects against oncology. Currants can block the action of free radicals. This helps reduce the risk of cell mutation. Therefore, currant is an effective prevention of oncology.
- Fights against colds. Currants can protect the body from viruses, bacteria. It is recommended for strong cough, as an effective expectorant. The plant is able to reduce inflammation in the nasopharynx, stop infection and eliminate pain.
- Helps with diabetes. Scientists have discovered antidiabetic properties of currants. Therefore, it is recommended to introduce the berry into the diet of people suffering from diabetes.
Black currant. Botanical illustration from the book “The Bilder ur Nordens Flora” by K. A. M. Lindman, 1917–1926.
Improves eyesight. Thanks to beta-carotene, which is part of the currant, the plant strengthens the retina, restores vision and prevents the development of cataracts.
Features In case of pathologies of the digestive system, in the case of dyspeptic disorders, black currant juice is recommended. He has the ability to improve and restore vision. For the prevention of pathologies, it is recommended to drink juice five times a day half an hour before meals for a third glass.
- fresh berries - a big handful,
- boiling water - a little.
- Dense berries pour boiling water.
- Then the raw material is crushed.
- Flavored gruel is wrapped in cheesecloth and squeezed juice.
Features According to the reviews, the ointment made from fresh currant berries helps in combating a variety of skin pathologies. This tool is recommended to lubricate the modified skin twice a day.
- black currant juice - 20 ml,
- interior fat - 80 g
- Initially prepared currant juice.
- Then, in a water bath, they heat interior fat.
- Both blanks are well mixed.
Healers approve treatment of black currant berries for almost any ailments. For example, by adding a few drops of currant juice in water you can get an effective medicine for rinsing that can even relieve angina. And the juice, if used as lotions, cleans the wounds from pus.
Collection and preparation of black currant
Black currant is useful to people weakened by the disease, children, the elderly.- You can make an infusion in a different way: crushed leaves are poured with cold water (20 g per 1 cup), put on a boiling kettle and incubated for 15 minutes, filtered after cooling.
Biological properties of black currant
From the berries you can cook compotes, jams and jams, the only thing that is bad - when heated, vitamin C is destroyed, and the rest too. So, if there is no other way out, cook at least the well-known “5-minutes”. There is another option - to harvest berries fresh, ground with sugar, so almost all useful substances are saved.
Volatile production, dietary fiber, tanning compounds, sugar.
The specific aroma of black currant, as well as the amazingly beautiful color of the juice from its berries, provided this garden plant with a worthy place in cooking. From the berries make compotes and jams, jelly and jam, wine and sauces, added to pastries and desserts.
Calorie and chemical composition
Berries of black currant are low-calorie. In 100, there are only from 36 to 43 kcal. It rightfully occupies a leading place in terms of content:
- vitamins (C, B groups (1, 2, 6, 9), E, PP, K, niacin, beta carotene, biotin, D, etc.),
- essential oils
- macro- and microelements (potassium, manganese, phosphorus, boron, sulfur, sodium, iron, zinc, copper, silver),
- anthocyanins, phytoncides, glycosides.
Special instructions and recommendations
However, unlimited consumption of black currant can have the opposite effect. It is especially important to be careful when it comes to the health of an unborn baby or an infant, a person with chronic diseases.
Black currant during pregnancy very good for the body, but can sometimes produce a diametrically opposite effect.
Positive effect is that this plant assists a pregnant woman in preparing the body for stress - childbirth:
- enriches the body with all necessary (vitamins, minerals),
- strengthens the immune system
- normalizes pressure
- removes puffiness,
- protects against anemia,
Possible negative effect:
- with a tendency to allergies can cause exacerbation. It is necessary to refuse the use of pure 100% juice from currants during pregnancy,
- increased varicose veins in the legs. The presence of symptoms of this disease warns about the undesirability of eating berries,
- gastritis attack (if acidity is increased),
- the likelihood of increased levels of phytoestrogens.
Black currant is among the recommended products for patients with type 1 and 2 diabetes (it contains a lot of useful pectin and fructose).
In addition to berries, doctors recommend the use of decoctions of leaves and twigs (improve the condition of the gastrointestinal tract, contribute to a better metabolism).
Tasty berry is intended to her children ate: many vitamins and minerals, healing and healing properties.
Some advise starting to give the child fresh currants from 6-7 months of age. But, given that up to a year, the baby’s body is gradually being rebuilt from dairy food to solid food, experiments with currants are better. delay a little.
You need to start with ground berries, currant fruit drinks. It is better to dilute the currant juice with boiled water (1x1). Black currant like a child in baking.
Currants can sometimes cause allergic reactions. It is advisable to acquaint the child with her gradually: Give a little currant in the morning and see if it will cause the child to have redness on the body, rash or itching. When such reactions occur, it is worth refraining from currants for several years.
Use in traditional medicine
Popular wisdom has long noticed the healing properties of this berry. With its help, they cured scrofula in children, colds, eye diseases, dermatitis, etc.
Most often with the help of currants cough, temperature, sore throat, etc. were treated. Not only berries, but also leaves with sprigs were healed. The most popular prescription drugs black currant:
- currant tea (its benefit lies in its tonic effect, anti-inflammatory, diuretic and diaphoretic effect). It is used for vitamin deficiency, colds, anemia). Brew separately 14-20 washed and cut fresh leaves and a teaspoon of black tea. Insist 10-15 minutes. When consumed, mix 1/4 of black tea, 2/4 of black currant infusion, 1/4 of hot milk with honey (to taste).
- currant infusions. They relieve inflammation, temperature, normalize blood pressure, strengthen blood vessels, etc. Insist dry berries (1 tablespoon of raw materials for a glass of water. Pour boiling water on berries, muffle and leave for two hours. Drink three times a day), leaves (6 tablespoons of freshly cut leaves pour a liter of boiling water, leave for an hour for warmth. Drink more often, half a glass),
- decoctions. Drink them from arrhythmias, to normalize pressure, with manifestations of scurvy. Prepare from dry berries (2 tablespoons lb. of raw materials boil in 250 ml of water and cook for 10 minutes. Insist in heat for 30 minutes. Drink four times a day in a tablespoon). For lotions and therapeutic baths, decoctions are made from leaves, stems, and buds (mixed in equal proportions (50 g per liter of water), boil and boil for 10 minutes, leave for an hour),
- currant juice. Drink it clean or diluted with water (in this form it is used to treat angina (rinse). If the acidity is lowered, a three-fold glass of pure juice a day helps,
- berries The berries, squeezed with honey, help perfectly for hypertension and cough.
Application in cosmetology: for beauty and skin health
Black currant is widely used in cosmetology. It is part of many creams, lotions, soaps and other cosmetic products.
Natural acids make this plant a natural peeling for the skin - dead cells are eliminated, regeneration is accelerated.
With the help of currant juice get rid of freckles and age spots, it reduces the porosity of the skin. Based on currant make and apply:
- cosmetic masks. They tone and nourish the skin of the face. It is easy to prepare: 4-5 young currant leaves in a mortar. Add to the mass of 1 tsp. honey and sour cream, mix. Apply for 15 minutes before bedtime. Rinse with warm water. Application course - 2 weeks. Crushed ripe berries are also used, they reduce wrinkles, rejuvenate skin (berries should be transferred with honey (1x1) and applied to skin for 3-4 minutes. Wash off with cool water).
In the summer, when there are many currants, you can simply squeeze out the juice of several berries and refresh their face skin. Для увядающей кожи будет полезна смесь из кефира и перемолотой на мясорубке (в блендере) спелой смородины,
Preparation for the winter
Currant - one of the few plants that is able to maintain most of its qualities after freezing, drying, boiling jam, etc. Therefore, it is harvested for the winter and early spring, when it is especially felt the lack of vitamins. Harvest berries, leaves, buds and twigs different ways:
- freezing. Frozen currants best preserve the entire range of vitamins and minerals - this is its main benefit. Before freezing pick berries (dry, not overripe, not damaged). Some gardeners do not wash the berries, but blow them with air. If you wash, you should do this carefully (so as not to damage the peel), and after that you must dry it. Berries spread in one layer on a flat pan and freeze. Then they can be put into bags and placed in a freezer for storage (not more than a year - until the new harvest),
- drying. Berries should be dried in the shade, you can initially dried in the oven. So do the leaves and shoots. The best time for harvesting leaves is June-early July. Leaves should not be very large, but not small, to maintain integrity. It is better to keep ready raw materials in glass containers,
- grind berries with sugar (1x1). This currant is well preserved (candied).
- Gourmets can recommend two recipes - five-minute jam (vitamins are not destroyed when cooking) and jam from berries:
Black currant useful properties and contraindications
Why black currant is useful? Due to the high content of vitamins and phytoncids in currants, it is able boost immunity, improve healthand also help cope with colds. To provide the human body with vitamin C, you need to eat about a handful of fresh or frozen berries daily.
On the content of vitamin C, it is on the second place after rosehip, and on the content of antioxidants on the 4th place, after cranberries, blackberries and lingonberries. This berry contains a lot of microelements that are beneficial for our body. In black currant are substances such as anthocyanins, which are necessary to protect our skin from damage.
It is especially recommended for people after surgery, weakened after illness, for the elderly and children, as well as for colds, bronchitis and cough. This berry can significantly reduce the risk of developing cancer, as well as it should be present on the table in diabetics, it has a good effect on the composition of the blood. These berries will significantly help reduce blood pressure and have a positive effect on the work of the heart, kidneys, liver, good for vision, and also beneficial for the digestive tract. That is why it is recommended to use it for the prevention of various diseases.
Despite the advantages, it has contraindications. Everything good needs to be used in moderation, for example, with thrombophlebitis - you need to use it with caution, it affects blood clotting.
It is not recommended to use it in case of stomach diseases.such as ulcers, gastritis, increased acidity, and if the duodenum is inflamed. With hepatitis, the use of this berry is strictly prohibited.
In pregnancy, the uncontrolled use of these berries is also not recommended. Before using it, it is necessary to pass a blood clotting test.
Properties of currant under pressure
This berry has a tonic, anti-inflammatory, diuretic effect. But its main feature is to reduce blood pressure, because it expands the walls of blood vessels and improves well-being. It can be consumed all year round in any form, fresh, dried or frozen, and you can drink compotes, fruit drinks, jelly. It contains a group of vitamins P, PP, ascorbic acid, thanks to them it can help to cope with the problems of hypertensive patients, such as:
- reduce tension in the vessels
- clean the blood
- cure atherosclerosis
This berry is very well suited for people with blood pressure.
The use of black currant for treatment
Regular intake of infusion or decoction of black currant leaves contributes to the destruction of pathogenic microorganisms in the digestive tract.The high content of vitamin K and phenolic compounds in black currants makes this berry contraindicated for thrombophlebitis, and its long-term and unlimited consumption can lead to increased blood clotting.To obtain a vitamin mask for any type of skin in the juice of black currant mix oat flour or wheat flour. Apply this mixture on the face for 15-20 minutes. The mask has a tonic and moisturizing effect.
The most active folk remedy for sore throat is blackcurrant. It has a positive effect due to the large content of vitamin C in it. In winter, a decoction of currant twigs is prepared. A handful of shredded twigs pour 4 cups of water, boil for 5-7 minutes, insist in a wrapped container for 4 hours. Broth drink, lying in bed, hot, 2 cups with sugar or honey.- To prepare the broth, chopped leaves are poured with water at room temperature, the vessel is placed in a water bath and heated for 20 minutes, then filtered while still warm.You can also keep washed and dried berries fresh in glass jars, but they should be kept in a very cool place.
And with all this wealth, the caloric content of 100 grams of berries is only 63 kcal.The leaves and young twigs of currant have a very persistent aroma and unusual flavor, and therefore they are used as a seasoning for pickling, canning and pickling a variety of products.Mashed potatoes
The value of culture is eloquently indicated by the fact that at present the assortment of black currant has more than 1000 varieties, which differ in yield, size of berries and content of vitamins.Excretion of excess uric acid and bile.The time of harvesting the leaves, for making tea and infusion, is the period after flowering before fruiting. As a rule, this time is in June. Rip off only the middle leaflets, leaving the top and bottom. Rip off the leaves in dry weather, but only whole leaves, without damage and fungus. Dry the leaves on paper or on cloth in the shade. Lay out the leaves in a thin layer. Dry to "fragility" of the sheet. Store leaves in a dry place in a cotton pouch or hermetically sealed jars.
Black currant is contraindicated in patients with increased acidity of the stomach, gastric and duodenal ulcers, and hyperacid gastritis. Despite the fact that fresh berries and black currant juice are permitted for liver problems, they should not be taken for hepatitis.An excellent tonic to prevent flabbiness of the skin is a mask of black currant juice after rubbing the face with toilet water. Gauze gauze, folded in five layers, moisten with fresh black currant juice and apply on face for 15-20 minutes. After that, wash your face, dry with a soft towel and brush with a nourishing cream. It is useful for all skin types, nourishes and vitaminizes it.It is desirable that currants not only be prepared for future use in summer (vitamins for winter, jam, compote), but, above all, this plant is introduced into the daily diet (at the time when its season is suitable). From currants (or with currants) you can cook a lot of tasty and healthy dishes: fruit and vegetable salads, currants with porridge, cottage cheese, sour cream, jelly, pies, cakes, muffins and even soups.
Black Currant Blanks
- You can prepare a vitamin collection, which consists of equal parts of rosehips, black currant leaves, raspberries, lingonberries. From it prepare infusions or decoctions, as indicated above.This is the most optimal way of harvesting berries for the future with the maximum preservation of useful substances. The berries are sorted, washed, dried, neatly folded, folded into hermetically sealed plastic bags and placed in dense layers in the freezer.It seems that nothing new can be said about the healing properties of black currant - it is so popular and well-known.
Modern refrigerators with large freezers allow you to quickly freeze the berries, keeping all their stocks of vitamins.. Black currant berries blanch 2 minutes and cover with sugar. Separate the juice, as in the manufacture of jelly. Pour the remaining mass of berries with hot water (temperature 75 - 80 ° C) at the rate of half a liter of liquid per 1 kg of mass, wipe through a sieve. Heat the mashed potatoes up to 90 ° C, put them in cans and cork.Black currant is introduced into the medical Pharmacopoeia of many countries and is used in the food, pharmaceutical, alcoholic beverage and canning industries. Black currant makes excellent jelly and marmalade. For food purposes, the berries are often subjected to cryogenic freezing, in which the vitamin qualities of currants are fully preserved. Black currant leaves are traditionally added to canning cucumbers.
The leaves of black currant exhibit beneficial properties in the treatment of colds and diseases of the upper respiratory tract. It is worth noting that for the elderly, this product is indispensable, as it helps in the treatment of gout, rheumatism and atherosclerosis, strengthens the cardiovascular system.Many know how to apply and how to treat berries of black currant. If you have your own proven recipes, then share them with me, below in the comments. I will be very grateful to you. And I will share my own recipes.Juice from the berries of black currant is not useful after suffering heart attacks and strokes, as well as at the risk of thrombosis.
A good tonic and whitening agent for aging skin is a mask of black currant berries mixed with honey. 0.5 cups pounded berries mixed with a tablespoon of fresh honey and apply on face. After 20-25 minutes, wash off the mask with warm water and smear the face with cream or cream.The content* Infusion prepared from dried rosehip and black currant, taken in equal quantities: 1 tablespoon of raw material is poured over 2 cups of boiling water and infused (in a closed vessel) until completely cooled, then filtered through a cloth and take 0.5 cups 3 -4 times a day.
You can use special trays instead of packages, which are now sold to freeze fruits and vegetables. If there is space, you can store currants in this way until spring. It is better to make small bags, even such that it is enough for the whole family once and it was not necessary to freeze the package again.Some use drugs from this plant to treat problems of the gastrointestinal tract and gastritis with low acidity, others treat cardiovascular diseases or kidneys.Another popular recipe is black currant with sugar. For the preparation of such a useful delicacy, you will need sugar and a half to two times more than the currant itself. Fresh berries, together with sugar, are ground in a meat grinder, the mass obtained in this way is put into clean, scalded jars and closed with screw-down lids. It is better to store jars with frayed currants in a refrigerator or other cool place. useful properties of currants while well preserved.
Useful medicinal properties of currants
Depending on the variety, black currant berries contain from 0.08 to 0.4% or more of ascorbic acid, carotene, vitamins P (the amount of flavones, anthocyanins, catechins, leucoanthocyanins and flavonols is from 1100 mg% to 1200 mg%), alpha-tocopherol, riboflavin, phylloquinone, calciferol, pyridoxine. A specific vitamin J (aka C2, an anti-pneumonia factor) is found in the currant, which is believed to protect against pneumonia. In addition to vitamins, citric and malic acids are included in currant berries, which, in combination with sugars, give them a special taste. Salicylic, tartaric, and succinic acids were also found in black currant berries. The berries are rich in pectin substances (about 0.5%), giving the juice high gelling properties. Black currant berries are rich in trace elements, including cobalt, copper, iodine, iron (2.1 mg% per 100 g of product), manganese, etc.
Contraindications to the use of gastritis and erosive ulcers (of the stomach or duodenum 12) with an excess of acid.
1. Black currant with a cold, ARVI, high temperature. Go
100% blackcurrant juice can cause an allergic reaction especially in children, although in reasonable doses it helps to increase hemoglobin in the blood.
Pour 10-15 leaves of black currant 0.5 cups of boiling water, after 15-20 minutes, strain and add a tablespoon of juice of berries. Moisten the infusion gauze, folded in several layers, put it on the face for 20 minutes. After removing the mask, rinse your face with water at room temperature. Recommended for normal skin. Softens the skin, has a whitening effect with freckles and age spots, enhances the metabolic processes in the skin. The course - 15-20 masks, 2 times a week.
The use of currants for medicinal purposes
We have already said that over-ripe berries lose many useful substances. So, buy currants should be dense, black in color, dry.
To improve the taste, you can add jam, sugar syrup or some sugar.
Washed enumerated berries can be dried for the winter in the oven or dryer on a baking sheet. The temperature must be no higher than 50 degrees, otherwise ascorbic acid (vitamin C) will collapse.
And recently, scientists have found that eating currant berries inhibits the development of cancerous tumors and is a good prevention of diabetes and Alzheimer's disease.
In addition, jam is made, dried berries and leaves, make wine and tincture of currant berries.
Currants, grated with sugar
In addition to berries, leaves also have healing properties, which also contain ascorbic acid (up to 0.25%), compounds of the phenol group, phytoncides, essential oil and are used in official medicine along with berries. In folk medicine, black currant buds are also used.
Useful properties of black currant
Stir 15-20 g of Baker's yeast with 1-1.5 teaspoons of black currant juice, then put the dishes with the mixture for 2-3 minutes in hot water. Wash off the mask with a solution of tea in 15-20 minutes, after which the face should be wiped and smeared with a nourishing cream. The mask whitens the skin of any type.
The berries picked in time are stored for a while in a fresh state in a cool, ventilated room in small boxes. Storage temperature should not exceed 10-12 ° C. In such conditions, the berries are stored up to two weeks.
Healing properties of berries, leaves and stems of black currant
Accepted as a vitamin remedy that increases the body's resistance to adverse environmental conditions.
Black currant leaves are harvested after picking berries. Try to pick them from the middle of the branch - in the lower old sheets there are fewer nutrients, and tearing the top 3-4 leaves, you can damage the entire branch.
In alternative medicine, berries and decoctions from the leaves have long been used to treat and prevent colds, increase immunity after surgeries or a serious illness. 2-3 cups of leaf tea per day or 20 berries provide a daily dose of vitamin C and trace elements that are necessary for the normalization of metabolism.
From the leaves of black currant can brew tea, which is useful for its tonic properties. The leaves contain such important elements as essential oils, tannins, phytoncides and various vitamins. In addition, currant leaves are rich in vitamin C - they are even more abundant in them than in berries!
. Prepared in a 1: 1 ratio. Such a “jam” retains all the medicinal properties of fresh berries and only 50 g covers the daily human need for vitamins P and C.
How to collect and store currants
To whiten freckles ripe black currant berries and rub the resulting gruel applied to the face for 20-30 minutes. For oily skin, the mask is washed off with warm water. Dry skin should be pre-lubricated with a fat cream or vegetable oil. Wash off toilet milk.
For a longer time, the fruit can be kept in a refrigerator at 0 ° C and placed in glass jars. Но каждые 4-5 дней банки следует открывать на 15-20 минут. В течение месяца смородина будет свежей.
Красная и белая смородина
Листья сушатся в проветриваемом помещении или в тени под навесом, а потом складируются в бумажные или полотняные мешочки. Срок хранения – 2 года.
Лечебные свойства черной смородины
Currant preparations improve the composition of blood, increase its coagulability, which is necessary for various bleeding, prevent visual impairment and weakening of mental abilities in elderly people.
The fruits of black currant are used to treat not only gastrointestinal diseases, but also diseases of the cardiovascular system, cold, hemorrhoids, periodontal disease, etc. Hot black currant tea has an excellent antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effect. With a strong cough or sore throat take fresh berry juice with the addition of honey.
Black currant in traditional medicine: healing recipes
Black currant berries can also be dried. Drying of berries is carried out in thermal dryers at a temperature of 50 - 60 ° C, where they dry in 2 to 4 hours. When drying, it is necessary to ensure that the berries do not dry out, since in this case their medicinal properties sharply decrease. At home, berries can also be dried under a shed and in attics to prevent direct sunlight from destroying vitamin C.
Place the ingredient in a half-liter container, fill with hot water and cover with a lid.
To make black currant tea, you need to take a tablespoon of crushed leaves, pour boiling water over it, then add them to the teapot, pour two cups of boiling water over it. Leave to infuse for about 20 minutes. Tea is filtered. You can drink this tea with honey or sugar.
When using and reprinting the material, an active link to the women's online magazine InFlora.ru is obligatory.
When dry, fading, pigmented and lost freshness of the skin is useful mask of black currant, minced and mixed with sour cream, kefir or yogurt.
And then nothing remains, how to make stocks of currants for the winter.
* The therapeutic use of red and white currant berries is small. Fresh fruits, as well as their processed products, improve appetite, increase the digestibility of nutrients, and slightly increase intestinal motility.
Unfortunately, this useful and tasty berry, as well as preparations from a plant, can be harmful in some cases. Since black currant contains high levels of vitamin K, it is harmful for people with a tendency to form blood clots. In no case can not eat currants and those who already suffer from thrombophlebitis.
Drugs from the fruits and leaves of this unique shrub are effective for:
Black currant is recommended to regularly use those who have a predisposition to diabetes. This berry is also often included in the diet, as it can effectively cleanse, heal and strengthen the body.
The berries of black currant, is, first of all, a multivitamin complex and a source of trace elements - an excellent tool for increasing endurance and body resistance to infections. The berries of black currant help to strengthen the capillaries, stimulate blood formation, increase the secretion of gastric juice (useful for achylia and gastritis with low acidity).
Black currant - valuable substances
With great caution it is necessary to use the berry for those who have an ulcer or gastritis with high acidity, especially during periods of acute illness. Also, doctors do not recommend to use this berry and suffering from hepatitis, despite the fact that in fresh form it is useful for the liver.
Headaches, migraines and fatigue,
For therapeutic purposes, black currant is also used to preserve good vision, prevent the occurrence of Alzheimer's disease, cancer, heart disease and blood vessels, stomach and duodenum. In pharmacology, black currant fruits are often added to medications to improve their taste.
. It is very simple to prepare an aromatic alcoholic drink. When the buds begin to swell, the zealous owner, as a rule, is engaged in trimming currant bushes. With the cut twigs, you need to tear off the kidneys and fill them with vodka in the following proportion: for 1 liter of vodka - 1 cup of currant buds. After a week of infusion, the alcohol is saturated with essential oils and acquires an emerald-green hue, as well as excellent taste. The only drawback of this drink is that it cannot be stored for a long time, literally 10 to 12 days (then it loses its taste and turns brown). Therefore, the tincture is impractical to prepare in large quantities.
- Black currant leaves have diuretic and diaphoretic properties. Pectic substances help to bind and remove toxins, radionuclides and heavy metal salts from the body.
- Drink instead of tea 3-6 times a day, you can sweeten the drink with natural honey.
- To strengthen the immune system, it is better to prepare tea using not only currant leaves, but also raspberry leaves, strawberry leaves, and wild rose. I usually take a tablespoon of leaves and berries of wild rose. Pour everything with boiling water insist in a thermos. I insist 4 hours, filter and drink with honey.
After washing the laundry or washing the dishes, wipe the hands with the berries of black currant, then rub in the hand cream.
Make dumplings with currants, pour currant syrup and serve for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
* Red currant juice is considered useful in urolithiasis, as it contributes to the removal of urates (uric acid salts).
Berry can cause a negative reaction and allergies, so be on your guard and check first with a few things how they will affect you. Because of allergies, it is very necessary to introduce currants into the baby food, after the first test, wait a few days and watch the reaction.
Dermatitis and skin problems
Cold, hoarseness and cough
Everyone knows black currant, but few realize that it contains many useful properties, which are not limited to the treatment of colds. It is used not only in medicine and cooking, but also in cosmetology. For therapeutic purposes, use the leaves and berries of the plant. Currant after planting fruits in the second year. Fruits are most often used for the preparation of medicines, although the leaves contain much more vitamin C. Only high-quality and ripened raw materials are collected for harvesting.
- Clinical trials have shown that black currant leaves stimulate the work of the adrenal cortex, therefore, leaf-based preparations can be used to treat Addison's disease.
- Related articles:
- With vitamin deficiency and to strengthen the immune system, you can not only drink black currant tea, but also tea from viburnum, raspberry, cranberry. You can alternate the reception of these teas.
- To ensure the daily requirement of the body with vitamin C, it is enough to eat 15 grams of black currant berries per day. Moreover, the ripe fruit contains a very high content of vitamin C. And since vitamin C in currants practically does not collapse when frozen, berries can be consumed all year as a source of this vitamin.
- It is recommended to rub black currant juice into the nail plate and the skin around it.
- Currant cakes can be served with morning tea.
- It is not necessary to lean too much on the berry and pregnant women - all is good in moderation.
- Colds, sore throats, colds and flu,
Pour 1 tbsp. a spoonful of currant berries a glass of boiling water. Capacity to wrap and set aside for a couple of hours. Ready infusion filter and use 1-2 cups three times a day.
Black berries are useful for the general prevention of the body, as a source of beneficial vitamins. They increase the appetite, help to cope with a large number of ailments, restore strength and save from beriberi. Berries are often consumed fresh, although the berries contain more beneficial vitamins.
To strengthen the immune system and vitamin deficiency
Stragon - application The second name of this plant is familiar to us from childhood from the memories of the tasty soda "Tarhun". That is also called tarragon. We will describe the spectra of the use of plants in medicine and cosmetology, as well as simple recipes based on it in our new material.
To raise blood hemoglobin
Currants have the ability to stop bleeding. The same effect has immortelle. Pureed berries in combination with buckwheat flour and honey well increase hemoglobin. Fresh berries and raw materials in the form of decoctions and infusions are used to lower blood sugar, treat anemia, diabetes, atherosclerosis. Berries reduce the level of radiation exposure on the body.
For the treatment of loose skin
- White lily - flower-flowerFlower of rare beauty, white lily, can heal from a variety of diseases. What substances contain delicate petals, and how you can apply their properties, we will tell in today's article. And of course - useful recipes for home remedies from lilies.
- This method of blood purification was advised to me by a familiar nurse. When I had a rash on my skin, in the end, I had drug intoxication. So, my friend advised me to drink an infusion of black currant berries for 5-7 days. A glass of berries in three liters of water, boil for 3 minutes, insist about an hour. This “compote” needs to be drunk three liters a day. As I learned later, black currant removes toxins, toxins, cholesterol from the body and such dangerous substances as mercury and cobalt. It also cleanses our body and blood from toxins and slags.
There is no less vitamin C than lemons.
Without exaggeration, we can say that black currant is a storehouse of vitamins and health. Black currant berries contain vitamins B, P, provitamin A (carotene up to 3 mg%), sugars, pectin substances, phosphoric acid, essential oil, tannins, vitamin K, carotene, it is rich in potassium salts, it contains phosphorus salts and iron. The leaves contain volatile production, magnesium, manganese, sulfur, silver, copper, lead, essential oil and vitamin C (250 mg%). As for vitamin C, black currant is the leader among other plants. To ensure the daily need for ascorbic acid, it is enough for a person to eat 15-20 berries. Berries and leaves are used for medicinal purposes.
Finely chop the young twigs of the bush and boil them in water for 7-10 minutes. Drink decoction as usual tea.
Currants relieves colds, cleans the lined throat, relieves inflammation. Currant has a very good effect on the kidneys. It fixes the problem, restores the work of the organs.
Who is bad to eat black currants
Treatment with black currant can be carried out as long as desired.
Sophora - therapeutic properties Sophora's therapeutic properties are multifaceted, and because of this it is used in various fields of traditional and traditional medicine. Find out in this article what sopora is good for thanks to the substances it contains - iodine, vitamin PP and vitamin C.
4 Black currant with a sore throat.
Vitamin C contained in black currants is a natural antioxidant and is extremely important for the normal functioning of our body.
Add currants to a salad of grated carrots and pour sour cream.
Hello I ask you about the milk mushroom) Could you share? ) >>
Black currant has the ability to prevent cancer and protect against diseases of the cardiovascular system. Black currant also prevents the weakening of mental abilities in the elderly.
Problems of the digestive tract, diarrhea, liver and kidney diseases,
Cystitis, pyelonephritis and urolithiasis
Often currants are included in the treatment of oncology. As a prophylactic is very useful, especially against the development of diabetes.
Chaga - application Birch fungus Chaga is known for its healing properties in various diseases - tumor diseases, stomach ulcers and gastritis. Find out in this article how to make an infusion of chaga on your own, how to take it, and also how to stock up on it for storage.
Black currant can be used in combination with other means to treat the throat. Juice black currant, diluted with warm boiled water, you can gargle. You can take black currants with honey by mixing berries with natural honey in a ratio of 1: 1. To eat in a spoon several times a day.
Due to the presence of iron in black currant berries, black currant can be consumed with anemia, to increase hemoglobin in the blood, in complex therapy.
The berries, washed in copious amounts of water, should be well drained from the water, cut off from the branches and covered with sugar (150-200 g per 1 kg of currant). Pour 200 ml of boiling water per 1 kg of berries and bring to a boil. Boiling pack up in jars, filling them to the top, close hermetically and immediately turn upside down for air cooling.
Black currant surpassed all the berries in the number of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients in it. In the course of research, it was found that black currant berries have the ability to prevent the onset of diabetes. It is with these important properties of black currant that it is often added to functional foods designed to strengthen and heal the body for a variety of diseases.
Hypertension, atherosclerosis and vascular diseases,
Pour a glass of boiling water 5-6 tbsp. spoons of crushed leaves of black currant. Wrap and insist for 1 hour. Ready infusion drink a glass 5-6 times a day. Honey or sugar can be added to the medicine.
Don't know what to wear? Become fashionable immediately! Your name * E-mail address * Other articles: Hawthorn - contraindications Hawthorn has many useful properties that help with various diseases. But, like many medicinal plants, it has certain contraindications and side effects. It should be carefully eaten so as not to harm the body and not cause complications. Alokaziya - medicinal properties Large-root alokaziya has long found its use in traditional medicine, although handling it requires caution, because the plant is poisonous, and fresh juice on the skin can cause burns. Find out how and when it is possible to use alokaziya for medicinal purposes. Strawberry leaves - useful properties There are few people who do not like sweet strawberries. But the leaves of this plant also have many beneficial actions to maintain health, strengthen the immune system, cure diseases and preserve the youth of the skin.
Black currant is carefully introduced into the diet of babies. Since the berries can cause allergies and rashes on the skin. You need to try several berries, and then look at the reaction.
Black currant berries are used as a diaphoretic for colds, at high temperatures. Drink tea from the berries of black currant, compote.
The currant bush belonging to the gooseberry family can reach a height of 2 m. Black currants usually bloom in May, June, and berries ripen in July and August. Plant currant bushes in the prepared soil in the autumn. Currant fruiting after planting for 2-3 years. Currant is divided into early, mid-season and late-ripening varieties.
Store in a dark, dry and cold place.
Any product with GMOs can be made useful for the organism. It should be placed in the zone of the harmonizer Stepashkin for a split second and its internal energy charge from -60 will change to +60, i.e. food from the dead will be alive. This is verified in studies of correspondent RAMTN Zakharchenko V.V. The zones created by the harmonizer from cm to km. >>
Black currant has the ability to prevent cancer and Alzheimer's disease, protect against heart and vascular disease and diabetes, and maintain visual acuity for a long time.
Anemia and beriberi,
Gout and Rheumatism
For the treatment of colds used tea from the leaves of currant. They are more useful in the dried version. Take one large spoonful of finely chopped leaves and pour a little boiling water over it. After a couple of minutes, the leaves are poured into the teapot, and the boiling water is filled with water Brewed as usual tea for about 20 minutes. After straining, they are taken in a warm form, sugar is replaced with honey for the best effect. This tea perfectly removes swelling and removes fluid from the body.
. As previously mentioned, the juice increases the secretion of gastric juice, therefore it is useful for achylia and gastritis with low acidity. Juice and fresh berries are prescribed for anemias of various origins, in the postoperative period, after severe and debilitating diseases to recuperate and raise immunity. Blackcurrant juice - a good help for the body with beriberi. Blackcurrant juice is an indispensable tool for the treatment of patients with hemorrhagic diathesis, in the prevention of bleeding and hemorrhage. For treatment, it is enough to use 50-100 ml of juice three times a day.
Ordinary currant leaves can be the basis for a delicious tea. And almost every housewife knows that if you put a couple in a jar of pickled cucumbers, the vegetables will be more crispy. Между тем, польза широко распространенного почти по всей территории России, Украины и Белоруссии растения на этом не исчерпываются. Вы могли не знать, но листья смородины часто удостаиваются целой статьи во вполне признанных справочниках по народной медицине и лечению травами. А еще они нашли свое применение и в домашней косметологии тоже.
Ягоды черной смородины противопоказаны при аллергии, при индивидуальной непереносимости.
Black currant is an excellent blood-forming and blood-purifying agent.
The fruits of black currant are large, round, fragrant berries of black color, although sometimes their shades can be dark red, purple or even brown. It is necessary to collect fully ripened fruits, but already two weeks after the berries have fully ripened, the loss of vitamin C in them can reach 70%.
Washed currant in running water carefully to drain from the water, tear the berries from the twigs. Pass them through a meat grinder with a nozzle for separating the skin and seeds. Sweeten the puree obtained at the rate of 150-200 g of sugar per liter. Pour into jars 1 cm below the top rib, seal hermetically and sterilize for 20 minutes.
The beneficial properties of black currant are known to many: its leaves and berries are still used to treat kidney stones, liver and respiratory diseases. The use of currant berries is extremely useful in atherosclerosis.
Rheumatism and joint pain.
Pour a glass of boiling water 1 tbsp. spoon crushed leaves. Insist in heat for 2 hours and strain. Drink 0.5 cups 5 times a day.
Black currant is used in cosmetology in the form of lotions and masks. For dry skin, the following mask recipe will be useful: for one dessert spoon of sour cream and the same amount of honey, take about 5 pieces of currant berries. All mixed and applied to cleansed and steamed face. After 20 minutes, wash off the mask with warm water and apply the cream.
Almost like berries, black currant leaves have powerful antioxidant properties. They are a good source of vitamin C. It is usually mentioned only in terms of supporting the immune system and confronting various colds, but in fact, its scope is much broader. According to some reports, vitamin C deficiency affects the state of the fundus of the eye, and may result in impaired vision. The latest studies prove that the introduction of adequate dosages of vitamin C to the diet improves the condition of cancer patients, and, in principle, can serve as a means of cancer prevention.
Black currant berries are contraindicated in hepatitis.
Broth black currant with angina
Black currant is recognized by scientists the most healthy berries. It enhances immunity and body resistance to various diseases.
They did not leave their attention to the berry and beauticians. As is known, the village youths have long wiped their faces with juice of fresh berries, and they were right, although at that time they did not know the reason, as we now know. It removes free radicals from cells, nourishes the skin, enriches it with natural mineral salts and rejuvenates it. Lotions and masks of leaves or with the addition of juice for several applications make the skin fresh and radiant health and without oily sheen.
Mix the fresh fruits of black currant with sugar in a ratio of 1: 2. Before taking, add water to the mixture - 1 tbsp. spoon of berries with sugar, take 3 tbsp. spoons of water. Take no more than 3 tbsp. spoons of medicine per day.
Purchase and storage
. This remedy is prescribed for hypertension (50 ml three times a day), as a diaphoretic for colds associated with a feverish condition, diarrhea (1 tablespoon three times a day). As a diuretic (1 tbsp. Three times a day) for edema of different origin. Prepare a decoction in a proportion of 2 - 3 tbsp. dry berries in 1 glass of water. Boil 10 minutes, insist 1 hour.
Recently, more and more people are trying to use a leaf currant for weight loss. This has some indirect meaning - the leaves have a laxative, diaphoretic and diuretic effect, but, of course, they cannot burn fat by themselves. Usually tea is made with leaves, mixing 1 part of linden flowers, dried raspberry berries, and currant leaves. Brew 1 tablespoon of the mixture for 1 cup, hot but not boiling water. Usually such tea is prepared at night in a thermos. Use it better in the warm season. In the period of "weight loss with tea" should be excluded from the draft, and swimming in cold water.
Contraindicated berries with thrombophlebitis.
- Vitamin P contained in the berries of black currant has a beneficial effect on the condition of the vessels, strengthening them.
- Black currant leaves contain besides vitamin C, phytoncides, magnesium, manganese, silver, copper, lead, sulfur, and essential oil.
- Wash berries in running water in a lattice vessel, drain and clean from twigs. Dip in boiling syrup made from 1 kg of sugar and 300 g of water. When the syrup with berries begins to boil, remove from heat and add 5 to 6 hours to the required density. A few minutes before the jam is ready, put 5 g of citric acid in it.
- There is an instruction in the package - I drank it. It says in detail how to treat and make a solution. >>
- It is a lot of important to note that the beneficial properties of black currant berries are preserved in household blanks during processing and canning.
- Each family has its own prescriptions for treatment with drugs from this bush. Here are some of them.
Sterilized Black Currant
Standard currant broth can be prepared from twigs, leaves, buds and berries of the bush. It is used to treat edema, rheumatism, skin rashes. It removes bleeding gums, a manifestation of allergies. To do this, take a glass of berries, pour boiling water and boil a little on the fire. After cooling, you can drink a whole glass several times a day.
Composition and calorie
It is noteworthy that currant is a plant that reacts sensitively to heat. It is this bush that one of the first comes to life after winter dormancy, and even before the snow melts, buds swell on its branches.
Calling a currant just a delicious berry is like making almost nothing to say about it. Modest berries, beads benefit almost more expensive pharmaceutical vitamins. Its secret is in the unique composition of the fruit.
- vitamins C, A, PP, B,
- organic acids - citric acid and malic,
- sugar (glucose and fructose),
- minerals - magnesium, phosphorus, iron, potassium, calcium.
It is interesting! The established stereotype that lemon (and other citrus fruits), a champion in the content of ascorbic acid (vitamin C), is erroneous.
Currant leaves can also boast a rich composition: they also contain a lot of ascorbic acid, carotene, phytoncids and essential oils. Therefore, both berries and shrub leaves go into harvesting.
For all its usefulness, currant is also low-calorie - only about 45 kilocalories per 100 grams. This makes the berry a popular component of the diet. In addition to use as a separate product, currants are included in the composition of smoothies, yoghurts, cottage cheese and fruit salads for weight loss.
Black currant: useful and healing properties
A small handful of fresh currant berries provides the daily requirement of an adult for vitamin C.
- plays a huge role in the functioning of almost all body systems,
- provides proper immunity support,
- promotes the elimination of toxic substances
- slows down the aging process and even kills cancer cells!
With regular use of currant in food, an increase in the body tone and its resistance to various infections is noted.
In addition, the fruits of currants:
- have diaphoretic, diuretic, anti-inflammatory actions,
- increase appetite and improve digestion,
- contribute to the activation of metabolic processes.
The berries have a positive effect on the body in the fight against atherosclerosis, help remove excess fluid and get rid of edema, are indicated for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and intense mental work.
A sufficiently high content of pectin and fiber in currant berries make the product an excellent remedy for constipation. The most popular black currant (along with raspberries) as a remedy for colds and flu. At the same time, the berries contain a minimum of potential allergens, and therefore they are well tolerated by children and women during pregnancy, as well as by people prone to allergies.
The benefits of leaves, berries, currants
Due to the high content of ascorbic acid and other active ingredients, blackcurrant leaf is widely used as a medicine. Use both greens from a bush during the whole vegetative period, and the dried raw materials.
Currant leaf is used as an independent drug, and as part of herbal. Well, it is “adjacent”, mutually enhancing the effect of other components, with crimson and lingonberry leaves, as well as with hips.
The currant leaf itself has a pleasant aroma, which is preserved after drying. Thanks to this smell and antibiotic properties, it has found application in the canning of vegetables and in cooking.
Currant berries are a storehouse of vitamins.
For example, in hot sunny weather the berries will be sweeter, but they will reduce the amount of vitamin C, and when overcast and wet the fruits will begin to sour, but there will be more vitamin C in them.
Berries are widely used to strengthen the immune system and the fight against acute respiratory infections. Due to the high concentration in the fruits of folic acid, important for the formation of the nervous system of the child, they are useful during pregnancy.
Use in various diseases
Both in fresh form, and as part of decoctions and multivitamin collections, the fruits of black currant are used for:
- hypo-and avitaminosis,
Fresh and dried berries are recommended for use in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, including:
- gastritis low acidity,
- gastric and duodenal ulcers,
- pancreatitis others.
The positive effect of currant on the blood-well system is also known; therefore, it is recommended to eat the fruits in case of anemia, vascular diseases and their weakness (to strengthen the walls), and with a lot of blood loss.
- Decoction of currant leaves churn the heat and heal the scrofula in children.
- In addition, the decoction is useful for diseases of the throat and problems with the gums - rinsing with a warm extract can relieve inflammation and reduce pain.
- Dried blackcurrant leaf is active against bacteria that cause dysentery and some infectious intestinal diseases.
- It is also successfully used as an adjunct to increase the activity of antibiotics.
Harvesting and storage
They are harvested as they ripen, and berries ripen unevenly, so it is possible to produce 2-4 harvests per season. Dryers are used for drying with preliminary drying of berries at a temperature of about 40 ° C, then dried at 50-60 ° C, or dried naturally in well-ventilated places.
Fruits can also be frozen completely or ground (both with sugar and without). You can make jam too. However, with this method of harvesting useful vitamins and trace elements are destroyed under the influence of high temperature.
For harvesting the sheet, it is time to pick the berries. The most valuable leaves are from the middle of young branches. Drying is carried out in attics or in rooms with good ventilation. Fruits and foliage are stored in linen or paper bags in dry rooms.
Recipes in traditional medicine
- Infusion of leaves with a cold. Dry currant leaf crushed, 2 tablespoons of raw materials pour a glass of boiling water and allow to infuse for half an hour. Filtered decoction is used for rinsing the throat 3-5 times a day or taken orally with 0.5 cups with the addition of a teaspoon of honey.
- Five minutes jam from black currant with blueberries. It will take: 500 grams of currants and blueberries, 1 kg of granulated sugar and 350 milliliters of water. Sugar and water syrup is prepared. In it, boiling, pour in the previously washed and sorted berries, boil with constant stirring for 5 minutes. Hot jam is poured into sterile jars and rolled up with a lid. It turns out a great fortifying agent and a useful medicine to maintain visual acuity.
- Tincture of currant leaf on white wine with gastritis low acidity. A couple of handfuls of currant fresh leaves are washed, crushed with a knife and crumpled in their hands until the juice is extracted. Then placed in a glass jar and poured 500 milliliters of dry white wine. Two weeks, periodically shaking the jar, the tincture is kept in a dark place at a temperature close to room temperature. Then filtered and taken as necessary by tablespoon before meals. Tincture also removes the feeling of fatigue and helps with fatigue.
The use of black currant in cosmetology
Useful therapeutic and nutritional properties of black currant
Scientists examined this plant, as they say, from head to toe and found in it a storehouse of good. Fruits contain 11% excellent, well-digestible sugars, more than 4% organic acids, a lot of pectin.
In the currant a large amount of potassium, calcium, iron, (little sodium), as well as barium, boron, iodine, copper, manganese, zinc. Up to 400mg% ascorbic acid. There are vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, E, H, PP and carotene.
Curative and currant leaves containing vitamins and phytoncides, and essential oils, and phenolic compounds, and much more. In this sense, not many plants will risk standing next to a currant. After all, it contains 3-4 times more vitamins than lemon and strawberries, and 10-15 times more than apples.
50-60 currant berries are enough to satisfy the daily human need for vitamin C. Vitamin C in black currants is characterized by its relatively high stability. Many products made from currants retain a high content of vitamin C even after prolonged storage.
For example, after 6 months, 80% of the vitamin remains in the currant juice, and 90% of the initial amount is in the compote. And deep-frozen berries preserve vitamin C at full strength. But in overripe fruits, its amount is reduced to 30% of the original content.
How important it is to remove the berries from the branch before they limp. Vitamin C is contained not only in the berries, but also in large quantities in the buds, leaves and flowers of the plant. There is in them a substance with P-activity, as well as tannin and ether. Particularly rich in vitamin C are the kidneys, which can be used in the winter with a limited supply of vitamins by the body.
Proteins and fats in a small currant, essential oils, up to 2%. Low content of proteins, cellulose, fats, sodium, richness of vitamins, mineral salts (especially potassium), sugars and fruit acids gives black currants very valuable taste, nutritional and healing properties.
All types of raw materials of this unique plant have a diuretic, diaphoretic, tonic and astringent effect. Currants are used as an adjunct in rheumatism, gout, arthritis, vascular sclerosis, gastritis, various diseases of the bladder, headaches (migraine), flu, sore throat, whooping cough. Berries are very useful to take with anemia, toothache
(periodontal disease), diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, cardiac rhythm disturbances and cardioneuroses. Black currant is useful to people weakened by the disease, children, the elderly.
However, this composition has a more prosaic use. Traditional medicine recommends drinking such tea as a natural substitute for cold and flu drugs with diaphoretic effect. Usually the product is drunk at the first signs of disease. Due to the antiseptic effect, it helps prevent complications, and diaphoretic and diuretic properties allow you to quickly get rid of various harmful substances.
Prolonged and unlimited use of black currant can lead to increased blood clotting.
Pectins remove cholesterol from the body, clean the blood vessels. Absorb and excrete toxins and toxins from the body.
The black currant is so high in vitamin C that in order to ensure the daily need of the body for ascorbic acid, it is enough to eat only 20 berries a day.
The confiture can be flavored with lemon zest, cut into small pieces 2-3 mm thick and 5-6 mm long, which should be put to the end of cooking.
Cold-cooked currant syrup
Black currant has good restorative properties, so black currant juice helps weakened patients and those who have recently undergone surgery.
Mix a large spoonful of dried currant leaves with a teaspoon of black or green tea (whichever you prefer), brew in a thermos liter of boiling water and let it brew for 15-20 minutes. Pour into cups and drink with the addition of lime honey. Drink the whole amount for the day and brew fresh in the morning.
Pour 5 tbsp. spoons of dry crushed leaves of 1 liter of boiling water. Insist 20 minutes, then strain. Use as lotions on the affected places. You can also use inside and drink a glass of tincture 4-5 times a day.
To rejuvenate the body, skin and maintain the internal organs in working condition, it is enough to get the necessary dose of vitamins from at least a handful of berries, and in the winter time once a day to drink leaf tea.
Листья, очевидно, помогают уменьшить отеки и «оживить» кишечник, однако применять их для симптоматического лечения самостоятельно не стоит. Лучше, для начала, выяснить чем вызваны эти проблемы.
В период беременности и кормления грудью по поводу употребления ягод черной смородины лучше проконсультироваться с врачом.
Из ягод черной смородины готовят компот, варенье, джем, добавляют ягоды в выпечку. The berries are dried and frozen. We usually freeze black currant berries in the freezer. In the winter we add to pastries, to tea, to oatmeal.
The amount of nutrients in the black currant, vitamins and minerals is higher than in many other berries. Therefore, it is considered a product of healthy and rational nutrition, contributing to the improvement of immunity, healing and strengthening the body and is useful in various diseases.
- To boiling to pack up in banks, to cork them hermetically and, having turned upside down with covers, to allow to cool down in air.
- In the wild in Russia, shrubs grew (and now grows) in swampy forests, along the edges of swamps, on damp forest and floodplain meadows, along rivers and streams on moist, well-drained soils. In those old, old times, people did not pick berries, did not eat them, considering them to be poisonous. The people called fruits currants - from the word "currants", stench, bad smell.
- Broths of black currant berries help with anemia, hypertension, bleeding gums, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, gastritis. Baths of currant leaves decoction are used for various rashes and skin diseases. The infusion of black currant leaves helps to rid the body of excess uric and purine acids. Used as a diaphoretic, mild laxative, with bleeding and metabolic disorders. Blackcurrant juice is drunk with honey or sugar when coughing.
- 1 tbsp. l berries brew 0.25 liters of boiling water, wrap or in a thermos, insist 2 hours. Strain and drink half a cup in the morning and evening. Broth also helps with a cold cough.
- With such health problems as increased acidity of the stomach, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, thrombophlebitis or hyperacid gastritis, black currant is not recommended.
- Red currant
- . The drug is recommended in the case of diseases caused by metabolic disorders (gout, articular rheumatism, osteochondrosis). The tool is also prescribed in the presence of stones in the bladder and urinary retention. Preparation of the infusion: pour in a thermos half a liter of boiling water 3 tbsp. dry leaves of black currant and leave for 1 hour. Take half a cup 3 - 4 times a day, half an hour before meals.
- The product can be considered as an additional source of mineral substances - it contains iron and manganese salts. However, their number is small, and can not fully meet the needs of an adult organism.
- The healing properties of black currant berries have long been known to almost everyone, but not everyone knows that the leaves of this shrub are no less useful. They can be used not only in the form of a delicious and tonic tea, but also as an effective therapeutic drug for many diseases.
- Previously, mostly prepared blackcurrant jam or jam. Now you can store black currant berries in the freezer. I usually buy large little currant berries. Currant berries sorted from twigs, leaves. I remove the damaged berries, if they come across.
- Black currant is an excellent means of preventing problems with the cardiovascular system, Alzheimer's disease and the appearance of malignant tumors. The ability of the black currant to prevent the development of diabetes, eye problems and prevent the weakening of the intellectual abilities in the elderly.
- Wash the berries in copious amounts of water in a lattice vessel, drain well and, without tearing from the twigs, knead, spread out in 3-liter glass bottles, on the bottom of which you should put sugar in a layer of 2 cm. Top with a layer of sugar thicker - 8-10 cm. The amount of sugar should be equal to the weight of berries poured into a jar or 200-300 g more. When laying the jar should be periodically shaken so that the berries are compacted and the sugar penetrates between them. After 2-3 days, the berries will settle, so the cylinders will have to be added and then tightly closed with plastic caps.
- Over time, the medicinal properties of the plant opened, it began to be cultivated in Europe in the Middle Ages. And only in the 17th century, currant berries were used for food and for the purpose of healing. Today, there are about 100 varieties of cultivated black currant.
Black currant: composition, properties and benefits of black currant
Mix currant juice (3 tsp.) With the 1st tsp. honey Drink this delicious medicine 3 p. per day.If there are irregularities in the liver, berries and black currant leaves can be taken, but hepatitis is a contraindication to the use of medicines containing black currant. It should also be borne in mind that unlimited and long-term consumption of the fruits of this plant can cause increased blood clotting.Contraindications to the use of currants for medicinal purposes is not so much. Unlike many other medicinal plants, during pregnancy it will even be useful. When breastfeeding, it can cause allergies in the baby.
Currant leaves have antiseptic properties. This, by the way, is the second reason why they are added to jars with homemade pickles. Before the hostesses began to massively use salicylic acid and vinegar, simple currant leaves protected homemade preparations from the "explosion" caused by the rapid growth and reproduction of pathogenic flora.
The value of the product in question is due to the high content in the pulp of a large number of essential vitamins and trace elements:
The composition of black currant
Then black currant berries need to be washed and dried on a paper towel. Put the berries in a thin layer on a plate, for example, in the freezer. And then I pack the berries in bags. Now sold special bags with zipper, in which you can store frozen food in the freezer. In the frozen berries of black currant vitamins remain.
Black currant is useful in diseases of the kidneys, liver and respiratory tract. Especially shown this berry with progressive atherosclerosis.
Wrap the cans with paper so that direct sunlight does not fall, and immediately put them away in a dark, dry and cold place.
The benefits and properties of black currant
It is one of the leading berry crops grown in temperate countries.
Dilute the currant juice with boiled warm water in a 1: 1 ratio and gargle.
It is impossible to imagine in Russia any estate or dacha plot without this fragrant bush with clusters of black and incredibly useful berries. In late March - early April, as soon as the buds begin to swell, the currant wakes up to life and begins to bestow the person with its healing properties.
Currants can be harmful for hepatitis, ulcers, gastritis and if the acidity of the stomach is increased. In all other cases, it is very useful.
Sometimes they make lotions of currant leaves for large acne, boils. Most often, they are used in cleansing masks with egg proteins - for 2 proteins they take about 2 tablespoons of chopped leaves, mixed, applied to the face for 20 minutes. The effect of the product is approximately the same as of any modern mask film. Rapid visual reduction of pores, reduction of edema, slight whitening, reduction of oily skin. Repeating the procedure is recommended no more than 2 times a week, yet the product rather actively dries the skin.
Useful properties of black currant leaves
If you grow black currants in your garden, this is great. You can always enjoy delicious and fragrant currant berries.
Vitamin C and anthocyanidins, which are contained in black currants and have strong antioxidant properties, due to which the berry has a disinfectant and anti-inflammatory effect and is used in the treatment of angina, are important for the full body work.
After 1-2 months, under the action of sugar, a portion of the syrup, ready for consumption, will stand out from the berries. It needs to be drained into bottles (preferably dark) and kept in a dark and cool room.
Perennial varieties of black currant vary in shape, size, color and time of fruit ripening, taste and chemical composition. By the time of ripening, there are varieties of early, middle and late ripening. This makes it possible to use fresh gifts of black currant for 2-3 months.
Mix berries with honey or sugar in a ratio of 2 to 1. At the same time, berries should be rubbed through a sieve, but not metallic, so that the mass becomes homogeneous. Drink on the 1st st. l 3-4 r. per day.
Currant bush, belonging to the gooseberry family, can be found in a temperate climate zone across the continent, as well as in North America. It blooms by the end of May, and by the middle of July it is covered with tassels of dark purple or black sweet and sour berries - a favorite treat for children.
Black currant. Beneficial features.
- Jam and compotes are made from this berry, jams and marmalades are made, candies are filled and liquors and liquors are drawn. It is dried or frozen for the winter. And most importantly, this berry, with proper processing, almost does not lose its healing properties.
- The fruits of black currant are fragrant black berries, collected in small brushes. They contain many vitamins of group B, vitamin C in significant quantities, vitamins P, E, K, carotene (vitamin A), pectins, tannins, and also trace elements: iron, potassium, zinc, magnesium, manganese. Go
- Leaves are also added to foot bath water. In this case, they are able to reduce sweating and help in the fight against the unpleasant smell from the feet.
- Currant leaves can be added to tea, get fragrant and vitamin drink. Black currant leaves have fortifying healing properties. Leaves contain essential oils, tannins, vitamins, phytoncides.
- A decoction of the berries helps with hypertension, anemia, gastritis, gastric and duodenal ulcers, bleeding gums. If you suffer from a strong cough, then take a mixture of black currant juice, honey and sugar. Being a strong antiseptic, black currant will help to cope with a sore throat, if you gargle with juice diluted with water.
- After pouring the syrup from the cylinders, water must be poured into them, as there is still juice and sugar. After 15 days, again pour the syrup, which is obtained already with a lower sugar content and served without diluting with water.
- Healing leaves and currants, containing vitamins and volatile production, and essential oils, and phenolic compounds, and much more. In this sense, not many plants will risk standing next to a currant. After all, there are 3-4 times more vitamins in it than in lemon or strawberry, and 10-15 times more than in apples.
- * Juice, juice, jelly, black currant jelly have refreshing properties and are recommended for febrile patients.
Mix the twigs, leaves and buds of the currants. 50 g of raw materials brew a liter of water, bring to a boil and cook for another 10 minutes. on low heat. Slightly cool, filter and pour the broth into the bath or make compresses on the affected places.
Black currant leaves. Medicinal properties.
- And vitamin C, in leaves of black currant, contains even more, than in berries.
- It is important that in the process of home billet all the useful properties of black currant retains, as well as during freezing.
- At the same pulp in cylinders, you can pour water twice more, but sugar should already be dissolved in it (150-200 g per 1 l). The syrup is also aromatic and pleasant to the taste, but, of course, it is already much poorer in vitamins and acids than the first.
- 50-60 currant berries are enough to satisfy the daily human need for vitamin C.
- * Fresh and processed fruits have astringent, diaphoretic and diuretic effects.
- 12 medium leaves pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, cover with a lid and let cool. Then strain and drink 100 ml every 4 hours.
- This shrub is not for nothing called the natural "pantry" of nutrients.
- Practicing children's doctors have long noticed that pale children suffering from anemia, weakened after an illness, children recover very quickly if fresh currants are included in their diet.
- . On a glass of boiling water - 2 - 3 tbsp. dry leaves of black currant. Infuse in china for 15 minutes. Take up to 3 times a day as a vitamin remedy, for the prevention of colds, etc. Black currant tea tea can be used simply as a drink.
- Drinking tea in the bath is not recommended for people with a lot of excess weight, hypertension, and various cardiological diseases. Fluid manipulation can cause heart overload, and exacerbation of major diseases. In general, before drinking a decoction of currant leaves in front of the steam room, the body should be adapted to the bathing procedure itself, the drink is only suitable for practicing a bath on a regular basis to healthy people.
Berries of black currant. Treatment.
Apply black currant leaves as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Apply black currant and to strengthen the nails, for this purpose, it is rubbed into the skin around the nail and the nail itself. Currant helps to get rid of age spots, freckles and make the skin lighter.At the last extraction of juice from the pulp, instead of water, you can pour wine - it gets very good color, pleasant taste and aroma from currants.
Vitamin C in black currants is characterized by the fact that it has a relatively high stability. Many products made from currants retain a high content of vitamin C even after prolonged storage. For example, after 6 months, 80% of the vitamin remains in the currant juice, and 90% of the initial amount is in the compote. And deep-frozen berries preserve vitamin C at full strength. But in overripe fruits, its amount is reduced to 30% of the original content. How important it is in time to remove the berries from the branch - before they limp.
* Blackcurrant juice with honey is advised to drink with bronchitis and laryngitis, accompanied by cough and hoarseness.
Drink 100 ml of juice daily. Take 3-4 p. per day.In the black currant contains a whole set of vitamins of group B, which are necessary for normal activity of the nervous system and are useful for skin and hair.
Not only berries are useful, but also leaves, as well as stems. They also contain many vitamins and other biologically active substances. Tea from the leaves and twigs of currant helps with anemia and respiratory diseases, it also has a tonic and tonic effect. Among the many useful properties of black currant, note its ability to enhance the action of antibiotics. Currant tea, like fresh berries, is used for colds and viral respiratory diseases. Black currant berries themselves have bactericidal properties.
-Treatment of colds with leaves of currant can have an "additional" effect in the form of dehydration, so if diaphoretic and diuretic tea is drunk, you should drink additional water. There are no particular advantages over the same linden decoction of currant leaves in this regard.
The combination of these ingredients allows you to apply the beneficial properties of black currant leaves in the treatment of immune diseases, beriberi, weakened conditions due to overwork. Moreover, this product prevents the formation of tumors in the body due to its antioxidant effect.Leaves are a diuretic and cleansing agent.
Useful properties of currant leaves
They can cause allergies, just like “unnatural” sources of vitamin C. The first symptoms appear in the form of a rash, which means that tea should be stopped.
- As well as drugs of conservative medicine, the considered agent has positive properties and contraindications.
- Black currant leaves have antiseptic and tonic properties.
- Traditional medicine recommends decoctions of leaves, buds and branches of black currant in the treatment of dermatitis, exudative diathesis and eye diseases. In the old days, black currant leaves were used to treat scrofula in children.
- Serve pickled currants as a side dish for baked or roasted meat and fish.
- There are few proteins and fats in currants, there are up to 2% of essential oils.
* In the broth of the branches with leaves bathed children sick with scrofula.
Currant leaves - the benefits and harm
Table l dried berries, pour 0.3 l of boiling water and then over low heat for 10-15 minutes. Drink ½ stack. 3 p. per day.
Such a complex of natural vitamins provides rapid recovery from virtually any disease. But after all this nutrients do not end there.
- Regular use of even a small amount of fresh black currant berries during the season of their ripening normalizes the gastrointestinal tract for a long time. Due to the high content of vitamins and minerals, black currant is an excellent means of preventing diseases of the cardiovascular system and diabetes. Studies of recent years revealed the ability of black currant to prevent the weakening of memory and intellectual abilities in the elderly.
- . Отделение сока из ягод черной смородины целесообразно проводить холодным способом. Ягоды размять, поместить в полотняный мешок и поместить в холод (температура 3 - 5 °C) на 72 часа. За это время весь сок стечет в подготовленную посуду.
- Всерьез похудеть со слабительными, потогонными и мочегонными чаями нельзя. Perhaps someone such fluids and contribute to the onset of a quick visual effect, but, in general, they do not affect the amount of fat deposits, but only reduce swelling.
- Here are the benefits of currant leaves:
- An infusion of black currant leaves removes excess uric acid from the body.
- In order to prepare blackcurrant infusion, decoction or tea, you can take fresh and pre-dried black currant leaves, it is better if they are young. From young leaves in spring and early summer, you can make a strengthening vitamin drink, if you mix boiled water with any sour juice and this mixture, pour black currant leaves, then infuse for 24 hours, then drain and, if desired, add sugar and drink half a cup a day. Go
In cosmetics, fresh and dry berries of black currant, as well as its leaves are used.
The low content of proteins, cellulose, fats, sodium, the richness of vitamins, mineral salts (especially potassium), sugars and fruit acids gives black currants a very valuable taste, nutritional and healing properties.
Currant leaves - application
* Black currant leaves are characterized by a wide range of therapeutic action. They are used as a good diuretic, antirheumatic and tonic, they are used in the treatment of urolithiasis, hypertension, rheumatism, kidney and bladder diseases.
- ½ stack berry pound with a wooden pestle, add 1 tsp. honey and apply on skin for 25 minutes.
- In all parts contain many mineral salts: iron, copper, potassium, manganese, phosphorus, etc.,
- Many of the beneficial properties of the berries and leaves of black currant are similar in their effect to pomegranate fruits.
Black currant for children
In summer, during the ripening of the berries, how would you like to pamper your kids with these useful berries, but you need to know some nuances. It should be borne in mind that black currant in children can cause allergies and digestive problems, so they need to introduce these berries into the diet with caution, in small quantities.
Children can use it at the age of 7-8 months, it all depends on the type of feeding. For example, babies fed breast milk can use currant berries for the ninth month, and those babies who have not received breast milk for the seventh month.
If the crumbs when eating berries show signs of allergy in the form of a rash, then you should stop taking them for a few months, try to give the berries again in a few months and look at the reaction, if the allergy reappears, you should eliminate them from the diet for 3 years.
Not only berries, but also leaves have medicinal properties. In the decoction of these leaves bathe children who fall ill with scrofula.
Currant for liver
Doctors and herbalists recommend using black currant along with honey for the prevention of liver disease. This useful berry has a lot of glucose, increases glycogen stores, and also takes part in the nutrition of the liver cells. It is recommended to eat blackcurrant with honey in this ratio: take 1 teaspoon half an hour before meals 3 times a day.
The beneficial properties of this delicious frozen berries retain the same amount of vitamins as fresh throughout the year. From these berries you can make very tasty pies, kissels, compotes, it will turn out no worse than from fresh berries.
Usually, fresh blackcurrant is passed through the blender for the winter or through a regular meat grinder with added sugar, packed in cans or bottles and stored in the refrigerator, thus you can provide yourself with vitamins for the whole winter.
Harvest the leaves for the use of infusion or tea, it is necessary in the period between flowering and fruiting, the month of harvest June. It is necessary to collect only medium, healthy leaves, in dry weather. Dry the leaves only in the shade, the dried leaves are stored in a cotton bag.
Ripe berries must be collected early in the morning or in the evening. Berries can be dried, dried in a dryer, oven, attic, so they can be stored for about two years without losing their healing properties.
Currants for weight loss
To lose those extra pounds, select the black berry as an ally. Her fragrant greens can cleanse well not only the diuretic system, but also the entire body, and can also speed up the metabolism, removing toxins from our body. For complete cleaning it is recommended to drink tea and a decoction of currant leaves with raspberries or sea buckthorn.
When losing weight, you must eliminate bad habits, and exercise should be moderate. The daily use of berries contributes to the relief of swelling and deposition of fat in the waist, their therapeutic effect will not keep you waiting long.
Diet menu for 3 days:
The first day
- Morning: oatmeal with milk, a small portion of low-fat cheese, currant juice,
- Lunch: vegetable soup, any vegetable salad, currant jelly,
- Dinner: cottage cheese - 100 gr. fresh currant 100 gr.
- Morning: oat breads, rosehip and currant tea,
- Lunch: boiled fish, fresh berries of currant 1 handful,
- Dinner: curd with currant juice.
- Morning: yogurt 1 cup, a handful of currants,
- Lunch: boiled veal, low-fat cottage cheese, black currant juice,
- Dinner: salad with avocado and fresh currants.
Harm of currant leaves
Currants, of course, the most tasty fresh. However, the season quickly ends, and will have to do the workpiece. It is necessary to collect the berries as they ripen, choosing a dry day for this.
Citric, malic, and other organic acids, including omega 6, which is particularly useful,
It is also advisable to check whether the berries or juice cause allergic rashes in children before including them in the diet in large quantities. You should not give a child a lot of juice at once, it is better to first try fresh berries to make sure that there are no allergic manifestations.
. To make jelly, you first need to separate the juice from the berries, covered with sugar. On 1 kg of berries - 150 g of sugar. Sugar-ripened berries stand for 24 hours at 20 ° C, then drain the juice. The process is repeated 2 more times, while reducing the sugar rate to 100 g per filling. Mix all 3 batches of juice, pour into a glass container and refrigerate. Since the currant has gelling properties, when cooled, the juice will turn into an excellent jelly.
Like this article? Share it with your friends by simply clicking on a button on your social network or blog:
Support normal brain activity
When coughing, cold, high temperature, it is an excellent diaphoretic.
The leaf of black currant is very fragrant, therefore it is an indispensable component in canning, salting and pickling. The leaves themselves are also often preserved, which are later added to salads, meat, fish and vegetable dishes to add spice and vitaminization. To preserve the leaves, you need to pick up fairly large but delicate black currant leaves, rinse thoroughly, place them tightly one on top of the other in a glass dish and pour the brine: 300 g of salt per liter of water. The dishes are closed with linen cloth and stored in the cold. Those who especially care about their health and love unusual dishes add fresh currant leaves during cooking, which, due to their rich aroma, give the dishes a special taste.