Salty cabbage is the most common harvest for the winter among the population. The product is useful, tasty and easy to prepare. Recipes weight. Therefore, everyone is sure to find the perfect option for themselves, how to pickle cabbage in the banks for the winter for the whole family. The main thing is to rely only on the taste preferences of the household and learn a few simple rules regarding salting.
Choice fork for salting
Late and middle varieties and hybrids are subject to salting. Only from such copies you get an appetizing and crispy dish. Vegetable can be checked for maturity. If you squeeze it with your hands, and it does not change shape, then such a product is mature and ready for salting. If the cabbage is cut unripe, then it will quickly deteriorate, and its leaves will not crackle. The heading should be dense, so the dish will turn out tastier. It is better to choose copies of at least 3 kg. Large plugs are a sign of maturity. This product has a high sugar content, which is necessary for the salting process. The stalk must have a white cut. Recommended varieties for pickling:
Before salting the cabbage in jars, it is necessary to remove the top leaves. Do not wash the vegetable itself. Cut it into thin strips. You can take an ordinary knife for this or use a special grater. Coarse fibers around the stalk is better not to cut. Used spices, too, should be selected, washed and dried.
Signs for better salting
There are various signs, how to pickle cabbage in the banks for the winter and what to choose for this day. They came from ancient times, are used now.
- You need to fill the vegetable on the growing moon. The best option - on the 5th day after the new moon. Snack is sure to be delicious.
- You can follow the calendar. He will tell you when it is better to do the workpiece.
- It is recommended to practice salting after October 14.
- There is a belief that it is necessary to salt cabbage in banks for 10 days after the first frost. Culture must be fresh from the garden.
- There is a sign that especially delicious pickle is obtained on days that have the letter “p” in the title.
- It is necessary to be engaged in preparation in good mood.
- Add to the cabbage you need or carrots, or beets. If these ingredients are introduced simultaneously, they will give the cabbage an unappetizing grayish color.
- Along with the usual spices, you can include in the recipe various additives: cranberries, lingonberries, grapes, Antonovka apples, anise.
Observe the signs or not - you decide. But for sure, what is important for getting delicious crispy cabbage is a good recipe, proven over the years. These are the recipes collected in this article. Try to pickle a vegetable according to any of them, and a delicious dish will appear on your table, perfectly fitting into the winter menu.
Prepared and chopped cabbage put a convenient container. Salt In order to properly pickle cabbage for the winter, you need to use large rock salt. Fine and iodized will not work at all.
Stir and mash the contents by hand. Pour grated carrots and dill grains. Put the load on top and leave the workpiece on the table.
You must periodically mix the pickle to free it from excess gases. They can give the product a bitter taste.
On the third day, move the billet to jars, cover with lids and send to the refrigerator or cellar to wait for winter.
With bell pepper
Salty cabbage with Bulgarian pepper looks and tastes very nice. This preparation is always in demand on the holiday table. Yes, and during home get-togethers this pickle is also well matched by the household for both cheeks. However, having on hand sweet pepper and a fresh white bowl, you can prepare an appetizing cabbage salad with peppers.
Vodka is the secret ingredient in this recipe. It requires very little of it, but the taste changes radically. The dish becomes rich and interesting. A wonderful snack that you can safely put on a festive table. In the winter it is a pleasure to salt such cabbage in banks. It just takes a little time.
Knowing how to pickle cabbage in the banks for the winter, it is possible to achieve its long-term storage - up to 7 months. For all this time, it does not lose its taste and beneficial properties. The best conditions are dark and cool place. Comfortable temperature - about 0 ° C. A low temperature will lead to a decrease in vitamin C, and an increased temperature will lead to a strong oxidation of the product.
To extend the shelf life of blanks, you can use some simple rules:
- when adding extra sugar to the preparation (it can be added even when the pickle begins to sour),
- get vegetables out of the can only with clean appliances
- get rid of mold in a timely manner, mustard powder sprinkled on top of products will help.
That's how you can extend the century with its pickles. Maybe you still know some ways to increase shelf life? Or do you know how to pickle cabbage for the winter in banks in other ways? Share in the comments your successful experience!
Cabbage Ambassador for the winter - Russian classics
Since we are preparing in different quantities, in the presented recipe the calculation of products per kilogram of cabbage is proposed. We mean that the fermentation process does not depend on sugar crystals, but on its content in cabbage. The sweeter it is, the better!
- Rinse the head of cabbage, holding the stalk so that the water does not fall into the vegetable. Wet the forks with napkins (towel), remove the upper leaves, cut into 8 pieces.
- Cut the cabbage with a sharp knife (special shredder). We do this not too thinly so that the pieces of the vegetable do not become soft, do not lose their crunchy properties. The length of the strips is up to 3 cm. These rules are taken into account in almost all methods of salting, pickling or pickling. We throw away the stump.
- Sprinkle the chopped cabbage with salt and lightly press on the pieces of vegetable until the droplets of the juice appear. To keep the cabbage white and beautiful, we do it before joining the carrot!
- Add peppercorns, laurel leaves, place the vegetables in a sterilized container, mix, slightly tamping food. Cover the food with a cloth (gauze), leave for two days.
- We pierce the food with a wooden stick up to five times a day so that the gas bubbles will escape. After the specified time, we place the products for another three days in a cooler room (up to 18 ° C). For long-term storage required temperature from 0 to 2 degrees.